Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 01:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times

Advertisements

Took the dog to the groomer and had my new furniture delivered. My husband went to pick him up. When he gets home the work will begin and I'm dreading it!!! He was allowed on the old furniture (and we did keep a chair for him) but he is NOT allowed on the new stuff.

Whoever said dogs were easier than kids never had kids. I announced "NO shoes, food or sweat on the new furniture" and they complied. I'm not thinking that Finn will say "okay mom!"

Old 06-14-2013, 01:28 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,483,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
OUCH TR!!! that much have hurt like a mo-fo!

There might be a night life here, but I don't partake in it much. There is a very young crowd in this area because of all the colleges/universities and I don't really have the patience to mix with them...lol

We tend to frequent places they can't afford...that solves that
Problem for me is I really do like to dance to todays hits or at the very least 80's up to today. With my own age group, and ages 40 and above, out here seem to visit venues that feature music from the era of the 70's and 60's big band and such. where's the puke sign when you need it. Those that do like to dance to the music I enjoy are always outnumbered when picking a venue to enjoy a night out for dancing. I thing that Halloween event was the last time we were a location that played some good dance rock, pop, hip hop tunes that had anything close to a rhythmic beat.

I'm going to reach out to someone from one of my meetup groups that should be able to give me a suggestion, just hope he doesn't decide to invite himself. Last couple of times he wanted me to be his date and or girlfriend and I had to gracelesslyfuly turn him down. Wish me luck.

Last edited by TRosa; 06-14-2013 at 02:08 PM..

Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Took the dog to the groomer and had my new furniture delivered. My husband went to pick him up. When he gets home the work will begin and I'm dreading it!!! He was allowed on the old furniture (and we did keep a chair for him) but he is NOT allowed on the new stuff.

Whoever said dogs were easier than kids never had kids. I announced "NO shoes, food or sweat on the new furniture" and they complied. I'm not thinking that Finn will say "okay mom!"

Oh, agree, dogs take a bit of patience to train, but love them just about the same.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,555 times
Am I the only who noticed there was no mention of any difficulty involved in getting the husband in line? lol

Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Am I the only who noticed there was no mention of any difficulty involved in getting the husband in line? lol
Hey now, I'm not THAT bad. I don't rag on him all the time, just when it's deserved!

He's much more "proper" than I am. I'm thinking he might need to set some rules for me

Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM

52,385 posts, read 52,844,834 times
I went into the restroom at work today and while I was in there I noticed that it smelled strongly of garlic....

I don't think I wanna know why....

Old 06-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I went into the restroom at work today and while I was in there I noticed that it smelled strongly of garlic....

Maybe someones trying to avoid vampires, of the mosquito kind. Them may be ingesting more garlic, taking garlic pills and the scent is releasing in their urine.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:42 PM

Between the needles and the B sting, my friend is just going to have to enjoy dinner and dvd rental at most. I'm just not feeling up to loud music tonight. She and I need to get our moods in sync, when I want to go out on the town, she's in a mood for just dinning out and vice versa. I sooooo just want to go to sleep right now, but have to ready self for at least going out to dine.

Funny note, before I went out and got that Bee sting, I had earlier seen a segment on a show about putting a dryer sheet in one's pocket to avoid insect bites. I pinned a sheet to dress and put one in my purse just before I left. IFREAKENIORNIC!

The rest of you. any nice plans for the weekend? Tomorrow, depending how I feel, I might go with a group to see the movie "This Is The End" if they've finally made up there mind that's what they're going to see.

BTW, Froggie, any good news on the job front? I've been hoping we'd hear some good news. Hang in there.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,027,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Better garlic than something else.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Between the needles and the B sting, my friend is just going to have to enjoy dinner and dvd rental at most. I'm just not feeling up to loud music tonight.

Funny note, before I went out and got that Bee sting, I had earlier seen a segment on a show about putting a dryer sheet in one's pocket to avoid insect bites. I pinned a sheet to dress and put one in my purse just before I left. IFREAKENIORNIC!

The rest of you. any nice plans for the weekend? Tomorrow, depending how I feel, I might go with a group to see the movie "This Is The End" if they've finally made up there mind that's what they're going to see.

I've heard of the dryer sheet trick too. I guess it repels mosquitos but attracts bees! You poor thing!

I am tired today. Not sure why but that means we are staying in. Maybe I'll rent a movie or buy a new book for my kindle.

I told my husband he's taking me out to dinner Saturday night to celebrate my job offer. Showed him the dress and shoes I'm going to wear and told him to pick the place that would match the formality of my attire. Nothing like being a little demanding
We'll see how that unfolds...LOL

Sunday he wants to take the boat out. In the evening he's got a hockey game and I'm going to a friends house for appetizers and drinks.

Today has felt like a Sunday to me (without going to church). He's home today but I've been home since Thursday so I'm all off schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.