Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,155,088 times

Advertisements

If a girl has to constantly state that she is a 'nice girl', or plead her case about being a nice girl, chances are that she probably has some type of personality quirk that is offputting to men.

While I DO consider myself a 'nice girl' in the sense that I'm easy to get along with and have an easygoing personality, I'm also aware of the fact that I can't be TOO nice or else that might give people the green light to try to take advantage of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,186,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I dont think the OP ever said anything about a nice girl being a "door mat" or not having a "backbone" and how typical of a woman to read into a statement and create something that isn't there. You are quite obviously not one of the nice ones.
Thank you!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
I don't really spend much time dwelling on whether or not I'm a "nice girl." I try to be a good person - and that's enough for me. It seems to be enough for my husband as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,397,311 times
Careful of the posers OP.... WYSIWYG with me. I rarely nag or criticize, and I have independence, spunk, and a backbone. I would not really call myself a "nice girl" though. I am not that worshipful or soft of personality. I do really appreciate my man though, and he seems to really like this bad girl.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,186,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I think the reasons she introduced those two terms is because they describe the OP quite well. Look at this thread and the other thread bemoaning housewives with unequal share of the chores. I mean...really? Toadying to women online will not earn him their respect.
It absolutely should earn me their respect. If it doesn't, that is their problem and not mine. A guy who can understand and sympathize with a woman's perspective on some issues while disagreeing with them on other issues... What is not to respect about that? What is wrong with thoughtfully considering both perspectives on an issue?

The people I have trouble respecting or taking seriously are the ones who come on here and always, automatically take the position in favor of their gender. The ones who do not even really consider the other side.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,226,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
If a girl has to constantly state that she is a 'nice girl', or plead her case about being a nice girl, chances are that she probably has some type of personality quirk that is offputting to men.
Same goes for men. But hey, for every "nice" girl, there is an equally "nice" guy. We're all deserving of love...

Last edited by Lilac110; 02-13-2013 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: better link

Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,053,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
It absolutely should earn me their respect. If it doesn't, that is their problem and not mine. A guy who can understand and sympathize with a woman's perspective on some issues while disagreeing with them on other issues... What is not to respect about that? What is wrong with thoughtfully considering both perspectives on an issue?

The people I have trouble respecting or taking seriously are the ones who come on here and always, automatically take the position in favor of their gender. The ones who do not even really consider the other side.

Do you think most romantic relationships are one giant gender war or conversation about Men vs Women?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,648,916 times
Women are always expected to be so "nice" and always gentle and bubbly and happy and always make you feel good around us. Everything can't be happy and perky and good and sweet all the time. We're humans, not Care Bears. We have conflicts, too. The minute we aren't so nice and sweet and bubbly to be around, for whatever reason that comes up in our imperfect lives with our imperfect selves that could bring us down even just temporarily, do you lose attraction to us?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,397,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
The minute we aren't so nice and sweet and bubbly to be around, for whatever reason that comes up in our imperfect lives with our imperfect selves that could bring us down even just temporarily, do you lose attraction to us?
No, many men are still rather attracted to aloof (even not so nice) girls, though many will not admit it. Just as many women are attracted to the same in a man.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM

438 posts, read 1,354,457 times
Nice girls...
go to bed and kiss you goodnight
Bad girls...
kiss you goodnight and go to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships