Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 AM

521 posts, read 765,217 times

Advertisements

I know I made a thread about making friends easily which I do. But in terms of long term relationships..that's a different story. I can obviously attract men but it hardly turns into anything long term. I have barely been in a committed relationship for longer than a year. I know a lot of people who are my age that have been in 4 or 5 year relationships. I think the reason why I can't sustain a relationship long term is because I have a weak personality. I don't have anything that can keep a guy interested for a long period of time. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it. I don't think I'll ever be able to develop a strong and likeable personality. Maybe there is something I can do about it but I haven't yet discovered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,629,551 times
If you think you have a weak personality and dont have anything to offer in order to keep a guy interested for a long period of time, than you will have these types of problems. I dont think its a personality or character issue but rather a self-esteem issue. Recognize your strong points and build on them. Have your own interesting world, independent of a guy you may be with. I have noticed that many younger girls today seem to have less and less hobbies, outside of reading garbage hollywood magazines and shopping. Ladies, those arent real hobbies, they are just activities made up to annoy men.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If you think you have a weak personality and dont have anything to offer in order to keep a guy interested for a long period of time, than you will have these types of problems. I dont think its a personality or character issue but rather a self-esteem issue. Recognize your strong points and build on them. Have your own interesting world, independent of a guy you may be with. I have noticed that many younger girls today seem to have less and less hobbies, outside of reading garbage hollywood magazines and shopping. Ladies, those arent real hobbies, they are just activities made up to annoy men
you can have hobbies and still have a weak personality. its about being able to say things in a way that keeps a persons interest. and i dont seem to have that quality. once they get pass the initial attraction, i am relatively boring and have weak interests.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 AM

I also have been told that I have a flat monotone voice (at times) which doesn't help matters at all. sometimes when I talk about things I can feel that people are not that interested...it may be the tone or delivery that is boring

Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
you can have hobbies and still have a weak personality. its about being able to say things in a way that keeps a persons interest. and i dont seem to have that quality. once they get pass the initial attraction, i am relatively boring and have weak interests.
You know, its a little bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you have a weak personality and are boring, you will act congruent with this belief. If you changed your mind and looked at it as if you have a wonderful personality, but perhaps havent taken the time to further your interests in the past, now is a perfect chance to do it, your success posibility would sky rocket. Im sure there are many great things about you, but you need a certain level of self introspect to be able to highlight them and build on what you find.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I also have been told that I have a flat monotone voice (at times) which doesn't help matters at all. sometimes when I talk about things I can feel that people are not that interested...it may be the tone or delivery that is boring
Screw other people, including your boyfriends - it doesnt really matter what they think. Its all about what you think of yourself, because what you think of yourself is how you project yourself to other people.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You know, its a little bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you have a weak personality and are boring, you will act congruent with this belief. If you changed your mind and looked at it as if you have a wonderful personality, but perhaps havent taken the time to further your interests in the past, now is a perfect chance to do it, your success posibility would sky rocket. Im sure there are many great things about you, but you need a certain level of self introspect to be able to highlight them and build on what you find.
When I take that approach I notice people not really being interested in what i have to say. Even with friends I make, for some reason, I am always listening to them and what they have to say. Sometimes I know more about them than they do about me. People are constantly talking over me all the time.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,324,525 times
There are plenty of men out there who could care less about a women's personality...actually a lot of men.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are plenty of men out there who could care less about a women's personality...actually a lot of men.
True but they don't want long term relationships with those women

Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,324,525 times
Quote:
True but they don't want long term relationships with those women
So do something about it, or settle for short term relationships-they aren't necessarily a bad thing. I appreciate a short term relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships