Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times

Advertisements

I sometimes think they do.

For example, some guy might post something about how most women are "gold-diggers." And he'll back up his assertion with examples from his own life intended to prove his point. But the examples seem just a bit too perfect to be true. The "gold diggers" he describes are just so crass and obvious, I end up doubting if they really exist.

Anyone else get this feeling sometimes? How often do you think it happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
I'm sure they do. It's called trolling lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they're just mad at a situation that happened and don't forget you're only hearing one person's side of the story.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Absolutely. Some are simply pathetic attention hoers who create thread after thread of utter mundanity just to see how many responses they get and to feel "wanted". A lot of basic chest-thumping and fibbing goes on here from both sexes!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Of course! Some pathetic lives can't be true!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Yep, they troll all day long. This is why I like the "Old C-D" from back when people had genuine problems and others gave genuine advice or support.

This is not to say that doesn't happen now, but some of the things that are posted these days, I am just not so sure of.

I come here every once in a while and post on a thread but I do not tend to post my own much anymore. Mine are usually in the positive spectrum and people don't want it. They just attack me and ask what my question is.....

Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Don't look at me, I've put my whole honest a#& out there and if you see me in person that is a big a@#.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
They probably do but then again tons of people in real life live in their own fantasy world so I guess it's not all that different.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
You do have to admit, some of the stupid nonsense posted on this forum, does give you a laugh!

I love the way women change their ages on here, one week they are 36, the next 30...truthfully, they are probably either 16 or over 40.

Crazy stuff!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I sometimes think they do.

For example, some guy might post something about how most women are "gold-diggers." And he'll back up his assertion with examples from his own life intended to prove his point. But the examples seem just a bit too perfect to be true. The "gold diggers" he describes are just so crass and obvious, I end up doubting if they really exist.

Anyone else get this feeling sometimes? How often do you think it happens?
I'm well aware of some pretty far out true stories. Not from any relationship forums, but in actual life.

A guy worked for the railroad for years. Then, the company was moving the operation to a different city and he was required to move to keep his job. When he told his wife, she said, "NO", she was not going to move. They'd built the house, raised seven daughters in that house, all their friends were in the area, no she was not going to move. So, he goes back to the office and says he won't be moving. They give him his severance pay and he starts looking for a different job. He finds one, but the money is less. Still, the house is paid off, so they'll make it. Proudly, he goes home and announces he's got a different job. Her reaction... "WHAT DO YOU THINK I MARRIED YOU FOR... YOUR LOOKS?" And, the marriage went downhill from there.

I'm sure that there are a number of stories that have been posted, but I also know of instances in real life that are even crazier. Like the woman that marries a guy, just so that when she divorces him less than two years later, she can take his 260 acre farm away from him. And, that was her version, not his. She sold the farm for more than half a million dollars less than six months later. His cut of it all? Nothing. He got zip.

Too many really crazy things going on out there that are genuine for me to say that what you read in the forums isn't true. I might take some of them with a grain of salt, but I will not tell you that they are untrue.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Um. I think people make up stories ALL THE TIME. Though I really don't get why. There are so many stories out there that are true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships