Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,927,778 times

Advertisements

That's horrible. Wth? I would always introduce my guy. I would include him in the conversation too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 PM

30 posts, read 49,199 times
So you realized the age gap when you vowed to spend the entirity of your life with him, correct? Or did you plan on him dying sooner?

Have you considered that, if you're lucky, you'll be that age someday too? Would you be ok with your husband dumping you because he's not "attracted" to you any more?

I agree that being rude is the least of it.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat42207 View Post
I'm usually not a rude person at all. Something just happened that made me stop to think.
I was out shopping with my husband and ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. We chatted away for 10 minutes or so with my husband standing there. I didn't introduce him at all. Why was I being rude? Well, I'm embarrassed of my much older husband. I don't like to admit he's my husband to people. I'm 48 He's 72. I know, I didn't have a gun to my head to marry him. He has some good qualities. I'm just not attracted to him anymore. On the way home, it just really made me think, do I really want to be with someone I feel so negative about. I don't know sometimes. Any input? Insights?

That was more than being "rude".

That was mean, hurtful, childish, and sad.

Don't stop thinking about it - you've just scratched the surface.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,906,933 times
I'd be ashamed of being married to an old man myself which is why I would never consider a geezer.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,506,427 times
OP, how long have you been married to him? You had to know that the age difference would play out looking worse as you got older. Why are you with him if you are so ashamed of him? It will be sad to put this poor man through a divorce, but worse to be married to someone that doens't love and respect him.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,441,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat42207 View Post
I'm usually not a rude person at all. Something just happened that made me stop to think.
I was out shopping with my husband and ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. We chatted away for 10 minutes or so with my husband standing there. I didn't introduce him at all. Why was I being rude? Well, I'm embarrassed of my much older husband. I don't like to admit he's my husband to people. I'm 48 He's 72. I know, I didn't have a gun to my head to marry him. He has some good qualities. I'm just not attracted to him anymore. On the way home, it just really made me think, do I really want to be with someone I feel so negative about. I don't know sometimes. Any input? Insights?

You forgot one part :

"I look forward to him dying, so I can really cash in big"

You are a worthless human being.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM

223 posts, read 435,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'd be ashamed of being married to an old man myself which is why I would never consider a geezer.
Please just shut up. That's an awful thing to say.

And don't try, as you usually do, to hijack this thread and make it about you, and your beliefs, and your views, and your feelings, and your...whatever.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrive View Post
Please just shut up. That's an awful thing to say.

And don't try, as you usually do, to hijack this thread and make it about you, and your beliefs, and your views, and your feelings, and your...whatever.
I'm just being honest and say this is exactly why I wouldn't date an old man. I would be ashamed to introduce him to others. I once dated an ugly man and I was so ashamed to admit he was my boyfriend.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM

223 posts, read 435,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm just being honest and say this is exactly why I wouldn't date an old man. I would be ashamed to introduce him to others. I once dated an ugly man and I was so ashamed to admit he was my boyfriend.
Quoted in case you try to edit it later.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 AM

I am not going to edit it since it is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships