Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you proved my point, it's much easier for woman, men dont get offended
I've only ever approached unsuspecting men who don't even know I exist. I like to pounce like a cat and surprise him.

(and I'm just one woman. my views are not all women's views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 05:25 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't have approach anxiety . . .
Women don't get approach anxiety because they don't approach, they get approached and do the gate-keeper thing: yes, no, maybe-so... until he fails or passes go.

Part of the art of approach is to break through the traditional expected patterns of this approach/reject/accept model. Instead, you just engage them in an interesting conversation topic asking for their opinion. Like, "hey, can I ask you something, what do you think of xyz".

Crack the code, break the rules, being different gets their attention.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 PM

I prefer to be approached by the guy or to pounce on an unsuspecting one.

But I agree that women usually don't approach.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:27 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Women don't get approach anxiety because they don't approach, they get approached and do the gate-keeper thing: yes, no, maybe-so... until he fails or passes go.

Part of the art of approach is to break through the traditional expected patterns of this approach/reject/accept model. Instead, you just engage them in an interesting conversation topic asking for their opinion. Like, "hey, can I ask you something, what do you think of xyz".

Crack the code, break the rules, being different gets their attention.
well said!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you proved my point, it's much easier for woman, men dont get offended

This is a whole other issue though. Men won't ever say no to anybody! lol
That can lead a girl on if she wants something serious with him but he just wants easy sex.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 PM

237 posts, read 440,659 times
Quote:
Men won't ever say no to anybody!.
Really... I beg to differ

Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Females get rejected in the sense that a male will overlook her or not approach her. Or he'll approach her but then change his mind and go off with another girl (very common in the early stages, not talking about being dumped).
It's not the same. Not even close.

A man starts out alone and horny and has to go around and cold approach random women exposing his own self (not a product or service) to open scrutiny and rejection.

On the other hand, most women already have some kind of man (or multiple men) in the background as lovers, friends, and all women do is wait around for a better man to come along.

Women are never in the position to be rejected simply because women do the CHOOSING.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhopethismeeturstandard View Post
Really... I beg to differ
Okay.... explain to me why SO many guys say they are open to both FB and a serious relationship?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's not the same. Not even close.

A man starts out alone and horny and has to go around and cold approach random women exposing his own self (not a product or service) to open scrutiny and rejection.

On the other hand, most women already have some kind of man (or multiple men) in the background as lovers, friends, and all women do is wait around for a better man to come along.

Women are never in the position to be rejected simply because women do the CHOOSING.
I'm not here to make a case on which gender has it worse. I was just stating what happens with females.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM

18 posts, read 35,031 times
When I get rejected I curl up into the fetal position and cry on the spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships