Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

It is kind of a funny thing in my opinion. We realize it is harder on us to never ask and just wonder. I've had my fair share of being too scared to ask a girl out, and it actually bugged me for a while. But i've actually noticed when I actually do take the initiative i'm rarely rejected. (of course i have been a couple times) but it seems to turn out for the better more than the worse. Even if i'm rejected i'm over it in 5 minutes. Just kind of a funny thing because even after knowing this, we still never want to take the initative and get rejected :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 PM

30 posts, read 71,879 times
Preach on. I used to beat myself up for not just asking. Then I figured I had nothing to lose but a few minutes embarrassment, which is much better than weeks of wondering "what if".

Old 04-10-2008, 10:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Remember a joke about a guy telling a friend of his approach - I just go to them and tell them "let's f**k!". The friend says - oh, wow, you must get slapped on the face a lot. And the other guy responds - Yes, I do. But I also get laid a lot.

I'd imagine sales people must be the best at it. They should be used to rejection.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just go to them and tell them "let's f**k!".
I did that once--at closing time at a bar. And it worked!

I figured out in college that there was nothing to lose if you just asked for a date. I ended up dating a lot; some dates were real duds, others good.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Remember a joke about a guy telling a friend of his approach - I just go to them and tell them "let's f**k!". The friend says - oh, wow, you must get slapped on the face a lot. And the other guy responds - Yes, I do. But I also get laid a lot.

I'd imagine sales people must be the best at it. They should be used to rejection.
haha aint that the truth

Old 04-10-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Hey, one out of one - not too shabby, I'd say...

Old 04-10-2008, 11:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,912 times
Sometimes you can play reverse psychology with your mind and bet yourself on getting rejected. It might settle the nerves if you don't care about getting shot down. sierra, I wouldn't mind a slap for a lay. One head may suffer but the other will enjoy.

Quote:

I haven't heard of that joke, but I'm sure most guys wouldn't mind a slap for a lay. One head may hurt but the other will do the hurtin'!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post

I figured out in college that there was nothing to lose if you just asked for a date. I ended up dating a lot; some dates were real duds, others good.
Surprisingly it actually worked for me too, never been slapped.. i've actually been turned down nicely when asking like that before too lol

Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocket99 View Post
Surprisingly it actually worked for me too, never been slapped.. i've actually been turned down nicely when asking like that before too lol
Oh, my, anecdotal evidence keeps piling up! Looks like I opened another can of worms without even trying. It just comes naturally to me...

Will wake up tomorrow to a Huge Battle of the Sexes!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I haven't heard of that joke, but I'm sure most guys wouldn't mind a slap for a lay. One head may hurt but the other will do the hurtin'!
I know, my friend, I know... You generally sound very honest, I'll give ya that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships