Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 09:33 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You know, occasionally when I dress for night out, my wife will look me over and say, "You going to wear that?" I'm hardly a shrinking violet, nor do I dress like a slob, but I can have the occasional miscue or bad decision. So I go change into something else.

Meanwhile, a tattoo is basically a leisure suit you can never take off again. It's a bad decision you have to live with for the rest of your life, I don't care how adorable or cool you think it is. Now that the tattoo craze has gone on a while, I've yet to see an aging tattoo that didn't look like a disfiguring skin disease. Rationalize it all you want. It's not a haircut that will grow back in a few months.

So while it's your wife's body and all, you certainly have a right to voice your opinion especially if it's where everyone can see it. And the same goes for your wife voicing her opinion about you having one.
Just trying to breathe some life into this as people are starting to get repetitious (not saying it's you, minivandriver)....

Hmmmm...what if the tattoo is in a place only YOU can see it? Better or worse?

Now, hypothetically, what if it's in a place no one sees or rarely sees it - like an "underboob" tat? If no one can see it, does the tattoo exist?

What if it is so tiny and in such a weird place - inside upper arm? If it is only in the "eye of the beholder" or only in the mind of the person who has the tattoo, does that change anything? I mean, some tats are such that the person themself can't see it so is it for them or for others? And how does this affect the whole "getting permission" or getting approval or only doing what your SO wants or likes?

Old 08-01-2020, 09:44 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Now, hypothetically, what if it's in a place no one sees or rarely sees it - like an "underboob" tat? If no one can see it, does the tattoo exist?

Under a boob tattoo a spouse would see all the time tho. IMO that's a place that would really matter if a spouse is turned off by tattoos........

AND there are bikinis ...so....

Old 08-01-2020, 12:59 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,713,279 times
Mod cut.

I am of the mindset that a discussion about what a spouse wants to do in regards to a tattoo, piercings, botox, etc, is a good thing, BUT ultimately it is up to the person if they want to actually do it.

I just couldn't see myself forbidding my fiancé in getting another tattoo or whatever. I could see myself giving him my opinion, but it would be HIS choice, not mine.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-01-2020 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Old 08-01-2020, 03:41 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
This thread - especially the most recent comments - is a great example of how NOT to post. There is no excuse for sophomoric bickering and personal attacks. The thread is now closed and additional clean-up will be done at a later time.

Some people just won't exercise the self-control to discuss the topic of tattoos in a mature manner, and those people ruin threads for everyone else. Infraction time.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-01-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships