Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:23 AM

195 posts, read 293,706 times

Advertisements

There has been lots of interesting conversation on this board about what it means to be a good husband or wife. And when someone should consider divorcing their spouse.

One of the main conflict points of many married couples is frequency of sex. In another post I told everyone I really do not have much of a sex drive and have always felt that the act of having sex was kind of ugly, dirty and unpleasant. It does not have anything to do with my wife, who is just wonderful, my feelings about sex would be the same no matter who I was married to.

I am sure my wife is telling her friends about our unsatisfactory sex life and they are telling her to demand more sex from her husband (me). They are probably saying that it is a husband's role to keep his wife happy sexually and romantically. But is that really the case?

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
There has been lots of interesting conversation on this board about what it means to be a good husband or wife. And when someone should consider divorcing their spouse.

One of the main conflict points of many married couples is frequency of sex. In another post I told everyone I really do not have much of a sex drive and have always felt that the act of having sex was kind of ugly, dirty and unpleasant. It does not have anything to do with my wife, who is just wonderful, my feelings about sex would be the same no matter who I was married to.

I am sure my wife is telling her friends about our unsatisfactory sex life and they are telling her to demand more sex from her husband (me). They are probably saying that it is a husband's role to keep his wife happy sexually and romantically. But is that really the case?

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)

Just one question. Why are you married?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times
I dont think that they have to be at thier spouses sexual beck and call. But you are supposed to get married because you are in love with someone. And part of expressing love is by having sex. If you arent interested in having a sex life with someone then maybe you should just stay single.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Yes it is the case.

And I swear I'm not trying to start anything but---have you ever considered the possibility of you being gay?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
Quote:

Yes. Get out from behind your computer and make love to your wife. If you have no sex drive, see a doctor.

Go! Now!

Are you still here? Get!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
Quote:
In your case, I think you would benefit from counseling....both for your marriage as well as your multiple personality disorder.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
in your case, i think you would benefit from counseling....both for your marriage as well as your multiple personality disorder.

I second that.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM

195 posts, read 293,706 times
No, I am not interested in men for sexual purposes either. The reason I am married is companionship and love. But not sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Yes it is the case.

And I swear I'm not trying to start anything but---have you ever considered the possibility of you being gay?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM

20,762 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Have you always felt like that or just with your spouse?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,653 times
Quote:
No, I am not interested in men for sexual purposes either. The reason I am married is companionship and love. But not sex.
Get counseling. Sex is and must be included in love. As much as people like to tell others "you are perfect the way you are", I believe it is a load of BS because some people do need to be fixed. And I'm afraid to say --and I mean this in the kindest way possible ---you are one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships