Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 03:01 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

I really didn't promise it,but I absently said yes when asked in a text. I'm not attracted to him at all.
He asked me if I was playing with his emotions,but I said no.

So how do I get out of this?

This guy has aggressive issues. I've known him for 16 years,since we were teens. We lost contact 5 years ago. He has 3 teardrops below his right eye. Scary.
He was a criminal. He says he has changed.
We caught up with each other 2 wks ago,and he has taken me out and bought me things.
I did do something stupid last week. He asked if I was going to have sex with him after we had a night out. I said yeah,but when he was at a red light I ran out of the car. Ididnt want to have sex at all with him.

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 03-23-2013 at 03:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 03:21 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I really didn't promise it,but I absently said yes when asked in a text. I'm not attracted to him at all.

This guy has aggressive issues. I've known him for 16 years,since we were teens. We lost contact 5 years ago. He has 3 teardrops below his right eye. Scary.

We caught up with each other 2 wks ago,and he has taken me out and bought me things.
I did do something stupid last week. He asked if I was going to have sex with him after we had a night out. I said yeah,but when he was at a red light I ran out of the car. Ididnt want to have sex at all with him.
Bold means he either watched someone die or knows someone(s) who died. Gangbanger stuff....don't ask how I know. I'm on the other side....

Tell him that you can't get over his past. It disturbs you, makes you uncomfortable.

If that doesn't work, just tell him your family would ****t a brick if they knew.

Best of luck.

BTW, he's a "thug"...."hood"....NOT bad boy.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
id be texting some straight talk- straight talk with a freddie kruger type means anything to keep him away

tell him you are going for couseling, for childhood issues, and you need your space

maybe he took the hint,,,with you running out of the car...men arent the best reading signals, but i can read that one.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
id be texting some straight talk- straight talk with a freddie kruger type means anything to keep him away

tell him you are going for couseling, for childhood issues, and you need your space

maybe he took the hint,,,with you running out of the car...men arent the best reading signals, but i can read that one.
This guy sounds like a real gem.

Lose him dear....don't look back.

I'd also keep your house and vehicle secure at all times.

Stick a kitchen knife in your bedroom or even 'better'...

Get rid of him or you are asking for trouble.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Absently, as in joking around? As in you didn't really care? Do you think he's gonna take it seriously? Is he the type you joke around with?

If the answer is no, or even if it's yes, tell him straight-away.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,947 times
Quote:
Be serious when texting. Don't just 'absentmindedly' text back anything, especially if you don't mean it. Just stay away from the phone until you are not distracted by whatever it is that is holding your attention so you can focus on responding to him in an honest and sincere manner.

Quote:
You lied. You are playing with his emotions because you are not really sure what you what with him. I'm not saying tell him that you lied, but from now on stop playing around with him since you know what he wants, and you know that you don't want it.

Quote:
Tell him that you are not looking for any sort of relationship (long term, friends with benefits, quickie, etc.) right now but you still appreciate his friendship?

Quote:
If it scares you, stop hanging out with him. Unless you are being forced to be around him against your will, I don't know why you are around him. If he still has aggressive issues, drop him. I don't deal with anyone (male or female) with aggression issues.

Quote:
Some criminals can change. I would take it slow with him to see if he really changed (that is if you think it is safe to keep hanging out with him).

Quote:
If you just caught up with him two weeks ago,you don't owe each other anything! Are you guys in a relationship? It seems like you are just friends who met up and started hanging out, that doesn't mean anything. Stop saying yes. Say what you mean. If you don't want sex, say no. You do not owe him sex because he spent money on you. That is pimp and hoe logic. You are not a hoe and he is not your pimp, so don't let him try to force you into that situation. Stop letting him buy stuff for you and stop letting him take you out if he feels that women should give him sex just because he bought stuff for them.

Final thoughts:
Make it clear to him that you don't want to see him anymore or that you just want to remain friends. Make it clear (and stand your ground) that you don't want sex or any relationship with him. If you still disregard me and keep hanging out with him, you buy him stuff and treat him to dinner to be even with him. That will let him know that sex is not his reward for buying you things, you treating him back with you buying him things is.

*Edit* Are you going to his house? Don't go to his house, only meet him in public.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
My advice to you is be very careful of the company you keep. This guy has trouble written all over him and you are playing with fire.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Quote:

Be upfront with this guy and share to him exactly what you mean.

You can wish him luck, but set some boundaries and tell him you'll be busy.

I'd stop playing into being nice to him and telling him things he wants to hear.

And, if you need to buy things, don't call him. Don't call on other people.

I was told this, and maybe it's not always true, but for the most part seems true: "guys give love to get sex; girls give sex to get love."

Think of the long-term repercussions, and remind yourself of the times you were independent and were strong, and didn't need anyone to fulfill your needs.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Promising someone i would be his girl..
I really didn't promise it
but I absently said yes when asked in a text.

I'm not attracted to him at all.

He asked if I was going to have sex with him after we had a night out. I said yeah,but when he was at a red light I ran out of the car. Ididnt want to have sex at all with him.

The dude isn't the only guy with issues.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
On a less judgmental note to the OP, the tatoo tears on his face are of concern.

Not to stigmatize anyone, I'd still be in favor of you being very upfront with him, and then ignoring all texts, and staying far away from this person and really be careful of where you visit on a daily basis.

His conversation with you about promising sex is more than enough for anyone to want to run away.

At the same time, I'd hope that you find someone to talk about your concerns to. Maybe this isn't the first time you've encountered people like this, but I'd also ask myself how to not get into situations like these, and I also wonder where you learned to rely on guys like these in your past? And, what your safer options are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships