Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times

Advertisements

That sounds a bit needy/clingy. He's only going to be gone for a day?

How about just stuff a note in his coat pocket/luggage/briefcase that he will find when he's travelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,362 times
Well, it's also to celebrate his recent promotions as well..but the trip is a little special..because he's flying on the company jet..so I wanted to kind of congratulate him on that as well..

I already decided on an engraved pen. It was faily inexpensive. Like $40.

We've been dating since September. So only a couple of seasons.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Yup !

A girl I dated a year ago snuck into my building the night before I left on a trip and left a "care package" under my door - some magazines, snacks, etc... it was thoughtful enough but it kind of weirded me out. We didn't last long after that.

She snuck into your building....? Ummm...that is a little weird. I'm meeting him tonight and we may go out to eat. I don't agree with sneaking into anything..

Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 PM

918 posts, read 1,698,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
She snuck into your building....? Ummm...that is a little weird. I'm meeting him tonight and we may go out to eat. I don't agree with sneaking into anything..
Well, I should clarify. She texted me asking if she can stop by. I wasn't home so I just replied if this is something that can wait until after I come back from my trip. She replies back "sure".

I come home and there's a bag at my door. I live in a secure building so she'd have to piggy-back with another tenant who came in to get into the building.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Well, I should clarify. She texted me asking if she can stop by. I wasn't home so I just replied if this is something that can wait until after I come back from my trip. She replies back "sure".

I come home and there's a bag at my door. I live in a secure building so she'd have to piggy-back with another tenant who came in to get into the building.
Awww, she was trying to be sweet!

But she honestly could have waited until you arrived back home..

Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM

918 posts, read 1,698,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Awww, she was trying to be sweet!

But she honestly could have waited until you arrived back home..
Haha, but the thing was it was a "travel package" for my flight - guy magazines for me to read, my favorite snacks, etc...

It just didn't sit well with me that she had to be sneaky about it. I was a bit creeped out. And I didn't really appreciate her assumption that I enjoy reading Maxim magazine just cause I'm a guy. I didn't even text her for days after that.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me and it sounds like what you're doing is perfectly within bounds, especially since it's also for his promotion.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Haha, but the thing was it was a "travel package" for my flight - guy magazines for me to read, my favorite snacks, etc...

It just didn't sit well with me that she had to be sneaky about it. I was a bit creeped out. And I didn't really appreciate her assumption that I enjoy reading Maxim magazine just cause I'm a guy. I didn't even text her for days after that.

Anyway, this thread isn't about me and it sounds like what you're doing is perfectly within bounds, especially since it's also for his promotion.
Lol..! I agree it wasn't right that she snuck into your building without your consent. Maybe she was just really comfortable with you? And I had to laugh out loud about the Maxim magazine too...it's about scantily clad women and cars..? I think...so she just assumed.. (wrong on her part)...

Yea, I maybe should have made that a bit more clear in my first post, that it was a combination of things...my mistake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships