Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:23 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,956,946 times

Advertisements

I stopped taking BJJ, but have gotten back into it. It irks me when dudes say "Oh, I don't want to date someone who can fight!" Then don't, it's quite simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Hot martial arts | Just another WordPress.com weblog

Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,690,389 times
I've been wondering about this and a friend told me that some guys like a woman who he doesn't have to protect. My friend called them "wusses". Funnily enough, the topic came up because I know a guy who is really into MMA and has a SO who is also super tough and badass. I was having trouble wrapping my brain around this idea and this was the explanation I was given.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:33 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,696,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I've been wondering about this and a friend told me that some guys like a woman who he doesn't have to protect. My friend called them "wusses". Funnily enough, the topic came up because I know a guy who is really into MMA and has a SO who is also super tough and badass. I was having trouble wrapping my brain around this idea and this was the explanation I was given.
I always wondered why is it one way or the other when it comes to "protect" thing. I like the concept of if some "mugger" coming out of the woodwork we both proceeds stomp them to the ground.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:35 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,104 times
Honestly, it does suck to have to worry about my woman, especially knowing that we are not always going to be with each other. I'd be okay if she knew how to take care of herself in times when I'm not around.

If she doesn't, it would only be kind of me to teach her a few tricks.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,488,650 times
My sweet little wife is a second degree black belt in aikido. As long as she isn't pinned, anyone who attacks her is likely to wonder why they're on the floor. I can hold my own, but not at her level. We also make a good team as we've trained and sparred together.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I always wondered why is it one way or the other when it comes to "protect" thing. I like the concept of if some "mugger" coming out of the woodwork we both proceeds stomp them to the ground.
I am far from tough and would like a guy who not only can but WANTS to protect me but if some mugger came out of nowhere, I would definitely help stomp them to the ground. It would be hard not to join.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,104 times
Quote:
I am far from tough and would like a guy who not only can but WANTS to protect me but if some mugger came out of nowhere, I would definitely help stomp them to the ground. It would be hard not to join.
I could teach you certain spots to hit that will easily shut anyone down. (Throat, solar plexus)

I am by no means a professional fighter. However, I am quite unpredictable.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:03 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,696,409 times
Quote:
Hey if there is no ref you can do what ever you want with in reason. There is a certain area that despite it being a symbol of assertive is actually quite sensitive.

For real I'm pretty both partners knowing if something happens both will be ready to do whatever is a cool thing.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I could teach you certain spots to hit that will easily shut anyone down. (Throat, solar plexus)

I am by no means a professional fighter. However, I am quite unpredictable.
Do you do MMA?

Right now, I just don't go out by myself at night. That's how I defend myself. lol

I could use some lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships