Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,910,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
God forbid someone not read every detail in your profile and reach out to contact you. I hope Taco man works out for you, otherwise you are probably spot on with your other post.

You wouldn't happen to be related to TVSG would you? LOL
Has anyone ever told you that you would be perfect for eachother?
When my profile says no dads and it is underlined then yes it is poor judgement to contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Yeah everyone has their own wants or not wants but I also was offended by the don'tdateyou declaring divorced folks were "immoral." That is such a arg, judgmental statement. Besides lacking in any compassion - and she is a Christian? Hum, odd.

My husband was divorced because his ex-wife kicked him to the curb after 9 years of marriage and three children. He was deeply devastated. She simply didn't want "him" anymore no matter how much he begged. I had to wipe many a tear from my sweetheart's eyes while we were dating, which was two years after his divorce was final, so I was actually outraged by the don't date you's statement of "immoral divorces or divorcees." Lady, how can you have no compassion!!!!!?????

My husband and I are both Christians, however in your estimate ddy, you honestly think God is snubbing my sweet husband as immoral scum because his wife divorced him? Our beloved and merciful God? Who asks us not to judge either other, this is for Him only to do? Well, as the Bible says, you shall be judged as harshly as you judge others and it won't be from us either lady....!!!! ...please forgive me but I really want to say this...You are out of your stupid mind and I think your parents have screwed with your head with their asinine, twisted version of Jesus!!!

Sorry, please believe me, it broke my heart to have to say those words to you but somebody had to. You make our loving God look cruel and your brothers and sisters in Christ look like lunatics and we have enough of that already.

So put your logs dripping with hypocrisy down, you're only adding fuel to a roaring fire!

So you don't think you're being hypocritical by not desiring a divorced man because you believe him to be immoral? Then I take it, you don't sin? Then you lie!!! A sin is a sin, lady, no matter how teeny you believe your own to be! Besides, how can my husband be the sinner because he is divorced? He was opposed to it? Can't you see that! Even if it wasn't in these circumstances does not God have enough grace to cover it? Hum, I think He does and the Bible also states that He does as well.
Unless you were married before, not sure why you wanted a man with baggage but whatever. No I said a man with a divorce has different morals than me but a man with kids out of wedlock yes lacking in morals. That's harsh but reality.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

My, my the scent of hypocrisy wafts this way.
I didn't meet him on a dating site.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Half the fun is not knowing but discovering.
I am SO glad you said this.

THIS is the reality that so many people just don't seem to get.

There is absolutely no point in these lists of desired traits/attributes because most times the person you actually fall in love with rarely looks like the person you've dreamed up in your head, or on paper

Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,751,970 times
Are two imperfect mates an alternative?

Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,489,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Quantity over quality? Hmmm. Yes! Could work if combined their traits fill all the criteria.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,103,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No I said a man with a divorce has different morals than me
And that's the point others are trying to make. Sometimes, they do NOT have different morals. A man (or woman) that has been divorced doesn't lack in morals simply because they are divorced.

And I had to laugh at WF's post. It doesn't matter that you did not meet your friend on a dating site...you are part of that "cesspool of sleezy people" simply because you are there, according to his words. Just as you assume divorced people lack morals, simply because they are divorced.

Ahhhh the irony. It kills me!
I'll leave you with a quote though, and yes I realize you are older than me, but it's never too late in life to learn!

“‎When you point your finger at someone, anyone, it is often a moment of judgement. We point our fingers when we want to scold someone, point out what they have done wrong. But each time we point, we simultaneously point three fingers back at ourselves.”

-Christopher Pike

Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,103,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
When my profile says no dads and it is underlined then yes it is poor judgement to contact me.
Oh yeah...you are definitely a good match for TVSG. I think he's still single too.

Hey, people have met and found love online...might be worth a go for you

Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM

469 posts, read 567,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
So you like a guy with a BIG........wait for it........Vocabulary?
a since of humor is a great asset

Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM

469 posts, read 567,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Whatever floats your boat ... let me guessing hmmm you live in Utah lol jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships