Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 PM

647 posts, read 1,522,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
are you in high school? perhaps a freshman in college? honestly, and i'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything here, the last time i met a woman who behaved like this was back in high school.
Nope, I'm in my mid twenties and the girl was around the same age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't. They may not be interested in you romantically and/or sexually but could still be interested in you as a friend.

[yes, I said it - it is possible]

Why is this such a difficult concept for him to grasp???

They won't go out with him so they aren't "good enough" to be friends with?

It's all or nothing - date me or I hate you??

Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why is this such a difficult concept for him to grasp???

They won't go out with him so they aren't "good enough" to be friends with?

It's all or nothing - date me or I hate you??
eh i dunno about the OP but personally while i have no problem being friends with members of the opposite sex (and indeed i do have many women friends), i find it almost impossible to be friends with a woman i'm actually attracted to. that's why i usually just distance myself completely when my advances are rebuffed. i have nothing against her, no ill-will or anything of the sort, and i most certainly don't 'hate' her. i suspect that's how it is with most guys that share my views on the matter.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
eh i dunno about the OP but personally while i have no problem being friends with members of the opposite sex (and indeed i do have many women friends), i find it almost impossible to be friends with a woman i'm actually attracted to. that's why i usually just distance myself completely when my advances are rebuffed. i have nothing against her, no ill-will or anything of the sort, and i most certainly don't 'hate' her. i suspect that's how it is with most guys that share my views on the matter.
I can understand that it might be painful to be friends with someone you are attracted to who is not attracted to you, so "distancing" yourself would be appropriate.

But to be out and out rude to a girl - to "push her off and walk away" just because she tried to talk to you in a public place?? That's kind of extreme wouldn't you agree? It reminds me of the way a middle school boy might act when he doesn't know any better.

There is just no reason why two grown people should not be able to be courteous and friendly to one another in passing, even if one declined to date the other

Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
But to be out and out rude to a girl - to "push her off and walk away" just because she tried to talk to you in a public place?? That's kind of extreme wouldn't you agree? It reminds me of the way a middle school boy might act when he doesn't know any better.

There is just no reason why two grown people should not be able to be courteous and friendly to one another in passing, even if one declined to date the other

Well, for what it's worth that specific girl was really rude to me first. She led me on then hooked up with a cousin of mine when I was with her.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Well, for what it's worth that specific girl was really rude to me first. She led me on then hooked up with a cousin of mine when I was with her.
Here's the thing...learn to take the high road

Doing so will serve you so much better than the mud and muck on the low one.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
I've had guys reject me and then they'll try and talk to me again. I just figured if they rejected me, ignored me, and come back, they don't really matter anymore after a while and should know that. It doesn't bother me. If I feel like talking to them, I will. If not, then I don't. Simple.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Here's the thing...learn to take the high road

Doing so will serve you so much better than the mud and muck on the low one.

What does that mean? What's the high road?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 11,255 times
I have met the same thing , once i met a girl on sugardaddylove.co m but she reject me ...

Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
What does that mean? What's the high road?
oh boy.

okay, not sure how you got to be 25 without learning this before but it's never too late to learn something valuable

"taking the high road" is an expression that basically means to rise above petty things - to be a class act, a person of depth and strength of character.

It has been said that the surest way to happiness is to always take the high road.

Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships