Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM

39,224 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
He's just saying that the new car smell isn't going to be there, and the couple won't have the same reactions as you did when it was fresh.
Yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
I agree with the article. It really does take effort by both parties to make it work in the long run. I think many confuse falling in love with love.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ah no I know that's not what love is. I really get it but I'm 2nd guessing myself, as always . None of my boyfriends gave me butterflies 24/7 but I put forth the work even after it passed. I've just never been married so I worry that after so many years, I will not care anymore..probably where the 2nd guessing is coming from. I hope I don't turn into my dad..married 3 times and divorced 3 times..ah!
You know that marriage is a choice right? You dont really have to get married.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I agree with the article. It really does take effort by both parties to make it work in the long run. I think many confuse falling in love with love.
I totally agree with bolded statement.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
ah no I know that's not what love is. I really get it but I'm 2nd guessing myself, as always . None of my boyfriends gave me butterflies 24/7 but I put forth the work even after it passed. I've just never been married so I worry that after so many years, I will not care anymore..probably where the 2nd guessing is coming from. I hope I don't turn into my dad..married 3 times and divorced 3 times..ah!
Are you saying there's a time limit on which people should be married by? I'm older than you are, and I probably don't have as much relationship experience as you do, and if I go by your post, I should no longer hope to one day to be married?

Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Are you saying there's a time limit on which people should be married by? I'm older than you are, and I probably don't have as much relationship experience as you do, and if I go by your post, I should no longer hope to one day to be married?
huh? no..I meant I worry that once I'm married, that after so many years I will stop caring about working on the love in the marriage. Nothing about time limits and age.

Ascension-yes it is, but I do still want to someday get married. I hope I only have to get married once.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,296 times
Quote:
Yeah. It makes sense.

Gotta find the person who is will to work as hard as you are to make the relationship work.

This with your other posts on this thread are right on target Frog. In marriage love is a verb, plain and simple though it's not nearly as hard to do as it sounds. Unless a person looses complete respect for the other there are always the main key elements of their personality that still enchant you. When I first got married I soon realized marriage was like a mirror as well. Anything ugly about your own personality will become very evident to you when it's affects are reflected off your spouse's expressions.

I was single a long time before I got married and I am such a better person today because of how it has changed me. Marriage can make us better people.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Are you in your 30s or 20s? I am in my late 20s, and I have to say that all my ex boyfriends have given me butterflies 24/7. My love relationships with them have always involved with passion and intense love.

I understand maybe there is honeymoon phase, but if your boyfriend has never given you that butterfly feelings, maybe you should reexamine the relationship and find out why. Maybe you just haven't met the right person.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
huh? no..I meant I worry that once I'm married, that after so many years I will stop caring about working on the love in the marriage. Nothing about time limits and age.

Ascension-yes it is, but I do still want to someday get married. I hope I only have to get married once.
That's why you have to make the right choice in who you marry, because that man will(hopefully) be with you until the day he dies, and he has to be worth it to you to work on the marriage and love him as much as he works on the marriage and loves you.

It's probably much easier for someone who's been married for some time explains this, or elaborates on what I'm saying.

Like maybe LM or Sixy or someone with 10+ years of marriage experience can come in here and throw me a bone or something.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Are you in your 30s or 20s? I am in my late 20s, and I have to say that all my ex boyfriends have given me butterflies 24/7. My love relationships with them have always involved with passion and intense love.

I understand maybe there is honeymoon phase, but if your boyfriend has never given you that butterfly feelings, maybe you should reexamine the relationship and find out why. Maybe you just haven't met the right person.
Mid 20's. let me rephrase..they gave me butterflies 24/7 at first. My first love, I had butterflies 24/7 during the "honeymoon phase" and most days after that until it ended, by his choice. I have no idea what marriage to him would have been like but by how much I loved him at the time, I'm pretty sure I would have followed what this meme I found says but I don't know if after so many years (say 10, 20 and beyond), If I would have still followed it. I don't know if that makes sense...lol. We all say when we really believe we've met "the one" that we will always love them forever, but that doesn't always happen.

If I met the "right" one..I'd be married or engaged too. Like I said, I'm probably just 2nd guessing myself, as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships