Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times

Advertisements

Isn't this the staple of marriages?? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 01:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,927,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This question is directed to both genders.

A. Will you date somebody who look great with makeup, gross without makeup?
I've yet to meet such a person. I've seen women who look great with makeup and pretty good without it, or so-so with it and gross without it, but never great with it and gross without it. Unless they have a Hollywood makeup team spending hours on them per day, that just doesn't happen, and even then it's rare.

Quote:
B. Will you divorce your spouse if he or she gives you mind blowing sex while you are dating, and withdraw sex after you are married?
It's telling that you apparently view sex as something one person "gives" to the other rather than something two people share together because they both enjoy it. If my partner was sexually withdrawing, I'd want to address it and for us to come up with some kind of compromise or solution. Ultimately, though, if we weren't sexually compatible in the long run, I would see that as reason to end the relationship, for sure.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
I've made it a point never to wear makeup (except for some bb cream) on the first date.

That might actually explain the lack of dates after that....

I just don't want any nasty surprises and I want to present myself as naturally as possible. No 'shapewear', no makeup, my hair as close to natural as possible etc. If he doesn't like it, that's his problem.

As for the sex stuff, there's almost always a reason sex drops off after marriage and I would work really hard to figure out why and then try to fix it.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
In my experience, if a woman looks "gross" without makeup, she doesn't look that great with makeup.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,860,067 times
Quote:
Please do not take it as gender bashing. I respect women because I am one of them.
I think it usually is women who withdraw sex after marriage simply because SOME women's sex drive is not as high as men.
Typically not the case in my household...the last couple years I've been the horny one...

Old 08-27-2016, 11:59 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,572,920 times
I'll chime in here- I am one of those girls who looks like a totally different person when my hair and makeup are done. Like, you wouldn't even recognize the before and after. I don't wear heavy makeup (as seems to be the assumption on here). Rather, I wear professional makeup I spent a LOT of money on. Think Chanel, Laura Mercier, the best Kevyn Aucoin brushes. Fake lashes, etc. I spend 45 minutes every day on it in front of a magnified, lit mirror. I also wear clip in extensions. Spend another 45-1 hour+ a day on that. The first time my guy saw me natural and bare-faced I was so scared. But he loves me either way. Some guys are into the natural thing... mine likes me and accepts me as a high maintenance type. If a man is mature, he should know what he's getting himself into. I'm not ugly without makeup, just incredibly plain. He knows the only time he's going to see me like that is when we are alone in the very late and early hours. And is smart enough to know any of the celebs you see are pretty much the same way. I'm the one that always wants the light turned off. He's always like "Baby, turn it back ON!".

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 08-27-2016 at 12:07 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 02:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,342,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
No one likes to be ignored though. Does a guy want to be known by his friends as the guy who has to rub one out because his wife won't even take a shower with him home?

Probably not!
Why does he tell them?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:56 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Some of those pics I see of celebrities with no make up is shocking at how plain and sometimes downright homely looking some of them thar ladies look. I saw a pic of Adele recently and while she's still an attractive woman, I wouldn't have recognized her if I saw her on the street though, looks very different without the war paint on.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:18 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,300,444 times
If I were a guy, plain without make up yes, gross no.
No sex after marriage, depends on the cause but no.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:01 PM

531 posts, read 385,921 times
Quote:
This question is directed to both genders.

A. Will you date somebody who look great with makeup, gross without makeup?

B. Will you divorce your spouse if he or she gives you mind blowing sex while you are dating, and withdraw sex after you are married?
A. She needs to look just as good without makeup if she is going to use it.

B. I would divorce in a heartbeat. Who gets married to not have sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships