Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't find it creepy to be watched as I walk to my car. When people watch me to my car I feel a little safer (like if something where to happen, someone else would know, etc). Maybe some guys just don't get it--but it's a safety thing girls are taught since they were little. My friends (male and female) usually walk me to my car or they at least stand by the door and wave when I get in. If someone watches me to my car, I know they care about me. If they don't, they don't care. I think the OP thinks along those lines too.
Exactly...How is that creepy? I have never heard such a thing. My parents taught me even as a female you watch someone get to their car or wait until they get in their house. That's not creepy, that's called manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Exactly...How is that creepy? I have never heard such a thing. My parents taught me even as a female you watch someone get to their car or wait until they get in their house. That's not creepy, that's called manners.
Exactly!

and follow up with a phone call to make sure she got home safely. Basic manners for a gentleman.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Exactly!

and follow up with a phone call to make sure she got home safely. Basic manners for a gentleman.
Me and my friends even do that.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeigh2182 View Post
So this is my first time posting on this board but I'm hoping to get some feedback on how I should proceed.

I met this guy a little over a month ago on OkCupid. The first night we met up we went for drinks at a trendy bar in one of the city neighborhoods. We had good conversation and ended the night with a really good kiss. I was seriously excited that I actually met a decent guy who I had good conversation with and was attracted to. For the first time, since I started doing the whole online thing, I was optimistic.

For our second date we met again at a bar in a different area of town. Had a few drinks and talked for hours. The night, again, ended with a kiss and the promise to meet up again soon.

Third date was the movies. After the movie was over we sat in the car and talked for over an hour. Everything continued to progress and I figured we were right on track. We were moving along and slowly revealing more about ourselves to one another. I was starting to really like this guy and I felt like he was into me too.

Our fourth date had to be rescheduled...twice. The first time was because he mixed up the time of his work function and actually wasn't done with it as early as he thought he might be. The second time was because his car couldn't be driven. When we finally had our fourth date we went to dinner at a restaurant in my neighborhood and then I invited him in to watch TV. We laid on the couch and made out for awhile and it was good.

Well...then things started to get weird. About 3 days went by without hearing from him. I gave in and called him to which he answered and we continued to make small talk without any mention of his silence. I eventually asked him if something had changed because we'd been talking and making all of these plans and then...nothing. I asked him if he wasn't interested anymore or if something had changed but he assured me that nothing was different.

We made plans for a movie night at his house for our fifth date. I showed up when he asked and we watched a movie during a thunderstorm and then things progressed more than they had before. Everything was fine and well...we were both into it, nothing weird or unusual. When I went to leave I kissed him goodbye and told him to have fun camping (he was going away with his dad, uncle, and friends for the first weekend of trout season). As soon as I stepped out of the door onto his front porch he shut the door. He didn't watch me walk to my car and I immediately felt used. The whole thing felt very rude. I shrugged it off and unintential and I figured he would call me when he got back.

He got back 2 days ago and I haven't heard from him at all.

So how should I proceed? Should I just say screw it and move onto someone else? Should I try to call him one last time and see if there's a reason for his silence? I'm tired of putting effort into something/someone who obviously isn't putting effort into me.

It just doesn't all add up to me. Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do?
From experience, re-scheduling once, that happens, (although I'm forever skeptical of "job functions" anymore due to experience), second time...red flag.

He's just not that in to you.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
From experience, re-scheduling once, that happens, (although I'm forever skeptical of "job functions" anymore due to experience), second time...red flag.

He's just not that in to you.
I was thinking that as well, but didn't mention it in my previous response b/c the reasons for rescheduling appeared valid. Speaking from experience... if someone is rescheduling this early, it's not a good sign.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Yep... and I didn't mention it, but I do the same. I watch and make sure everyone gets to their cars--even my guy friends.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM

165 posts, read 262,657 times
OP here. Yeah the whole 'shutting the door in my face' thing struck me as odd because it was so out of character in relation with how he'd treated me thus far. He was always walking me to my car and asking me to text him to let him know I got home safely. Things ending like that just kind of felt off. I was raised to make sure whoever I'm with gets safely to their car...I watch my friends when they leave all the time and then wave goodbye when they're inside. I just thought that was common courtesy but maybe I'm wrong?

Regardless, he actually called me tonight so I suppose I was overthinking the whole thing. He did tell me that he's going to be busy with work for awhile so who knows when/if I'll see him again but at least he didn't leave me hanging.

I really do appreciate all your responses. I've had 2 long term relationships and feel really out of my element in the dating scene. I'm still trying to get my bearings.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Anytime that we go out it is expected that someone sends a text to let us know that they got hom safely. I just did it Saturday and I am 29 years old. When I was in my last relationship, I walked her to her car anytime she left my place and the same thing happened when I left her place as well. We just really careed about each others safety.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
ahh CD-R, where everyone is either a PUA or a victim, a golddigger or a "nice guy", and sex always leads to either marriage or chlamydia
Awesome.

Best laugh I've gotten from CD maybe ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeigh2182 View Post
Regardless, he actually called me tonight so I suppose I was overthinking the whole thing. He did tell me that he's going to be busy with work for awhile so who knows when/if I'll see him again but at least he didn't leave me hanging.
Along with the above I was going to say that everyone calling for you to forget about this guy, give up, move on, etc were overreacting a bit.

And, as always, if you like him there's no reason to be the aggressor.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Anytime that we go out it is expected that someone sends a text to let us know that they got hom safely. I just did it Saturday and I am 29 years old. When I was in my last relationship, I walked her to her car anytime she left my place and the same thing happened when I left her place as well. We just really careed about each others safety.
Good for you weezer, you are a true gentleman. Your girl is very lucky to have you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships