Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:01 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Most RNs don't make $75K as a brand new nurse. If you expect that kind of money you're going to be putting in far more than 3 12 hour shifts. I don't want you to think nursing is the be all and end all of your problems because the reality is nursing is hard work, physically and psychologically. You burn out easily.
I know they do not make much stating out and am OK with that. I Also i done some volunteering at hospital so i know what i am getting into. Also there is not a lot of good jobs out there right now. Seeing that i am 30 it do not have the time to spend 10+ years in college . I am at a spot in life there is not many careers I am interested in and I would start a small businesses but no money to start.

I know it will not fix all my problems some of theses i have to fix other ways.

There are a heck lot more opportunities working at hospital vs working retail there is not any.

Well back to homework no woman is going to date a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Like what?
Let's see...my height, my facial structure, my surgery scars, my breast size and shape, one guy said he couldn't date a woman with big feet (I'm a size 10, not huge by any means) among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Most RNs don't make $75K as a brand new nurse. If you expect that kind of money you're going to be putting in far more than 3 12 hour shifts. I don't want you to think nursing is the be all and end all of your problems because the reality is nursing is hard work, physically and psychologically. You burn out easily.
Seriously....my cousin graduated near the top of her class at UCLA with a BSN and it took her nearly a year to find a job as an RN and she's making nowhere NEAR 75k and has to supplement her income as a fitness instructor.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Seriously....my cousin graduated near the top of her class at UCLA with a BSN and it took her nearly a year to find a job as an RN and she's making nowhere NEAR 75k and has to supplement her income as a fitness instructor.

I am willing to move to get a job once i am done with college and when I said 75k I was giving an example if i was making that kind of money even though I know i will not be any time soon. Therefore i am ok with that. To me having a job that makes a difference is more important then working for a company that does not care about you and will string you along .

“There's no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.”
Will Smith

Old 10-27-2013, 03:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I am willing to move to get a job once i am done with college and when I said 75k I was giving an example if i was making that kind of money even though I know i will not be any time soon. Therefore i am ok with that. To me having a job that makes a difference is more important then working for a company that does not care about you and will string you along .

“There's no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.”
Will Smith

She did have to move out of state to get that job.

And if you think the medical industry will take care of you and not string you along you have a big surprise coming....

Old 10-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She did have to move out of state to get that job.

And if you think the medical industry will take care of you and not string you along you have a big surprise coming....
Oh I know no one care a bout me but me .

I do know there are way more opportunities in the medical industry vs retail there is none in the retail industry. I do however enjoy it when the big wigs visit my boss he acts like a squirrel in the middle of the road. It makes a good laugh and it funny to watch. there is no need to freak out on my part I do my job .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships