Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Husband says I am being unfair for not letting him golf with his friends. But he also does not want me to go play tennis while he is out doing golf. I will be playing with some guy I met online from tennis meet up site like where he met ALL his friends he met doing his fave activities with.

I also now know why he does not want to have a child ever. His OWN words:

I want to be married but also be able to have the FREEDOM to do whatever I want.

I was like... WTF. We almost divorced. I honestly don't know what to do with him. He also is grumpy. When he is running out of funds for the week. He blames me.

Honestly I dunno if he is an potential abuser because he is a good guy. He takes care of me. Never hurts me physically. He is very loving.

Right now he is the only one working. I don't know what to do with him when he is being grumpy. Like when we were dating, he told me to be aggressive. Now I am being aggressive, he questions why. I mean WTF really? What the hell do you want? That's when he told me the bolded part. I told him well that will never happen.

Also when I said no he can't go golfing he does not like it. And when I finally I said ok I don't care anymore I said yes as long as you let me play tennis with people I meet in meet up site, he also does not like it.

I honestly was not even able to sleep last night over this. I am really annoyed at him.
so, he is supporting you, you arent working?

he wants to play golf with the guys.....and the only way you agree with this,,,is,,,if you can play tennis with another man?? a stranger?? (this is immature and dangerous)

of course he is grumpy when running out of funds....why cant you work and contribute?? he's working for someone who is dumping on him

i think you should be thankful, for this guy, and stop acting like a spoiled child,,,
you are in the big world now....not playing house.... this is serious stuff- he is working to support you,,,you should be appreciating this
YOU are being unfair..not him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Who knew that offensive 1950s patriarchy was still alive and well.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM

192 posts, read 382,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
jesus christ you would be an awful spouse. I would feel sorry for your husband, but he got himself into this mess.

but this forum isn't for people like me to cast judgement -- women generally don't come here for advice, they come here for support and reinforcement. So therefore this topic is for your peers to tell you what you want to hear, to tell you how awful he is, YOU GO GIRL, yadda yadda.

THREAD OUT
everything this guy said is right

you sound like a horrible wife to have

I will pray for your husband, hope he can get rid of you soon and finds a non-prude wife that is able to relax and have fun

Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Praying isn't enough in this case.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
In one thread the OP claimed to be a 50 year old man who was trolling so not sure what story of theirs to believe either.
Some people here clearly have serious problems and we will likely never know what the truth is with this particular poster.

One thing we do know, they are obviously starved for love and have no clue how to give or receive it - breaks my heart.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:03 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
Well, you cant "do whatever you want" when you're married. It just doesn't work that way. If he doesn't want kids and you do then I don't know what to tell you. I guess you need to ask yourself whether or not you'll wake up one day when you're 60 and regret not having a family.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Honestly, this relationship sounds immature, controlling, and lacking in trust. It sounds like a mess. I also recommend counseling. People in mature, trusting relationships do not have to get permission to do things like golf and tennis, and are not worried about potential abuse, and do not have to act like someone they are not (e.g. more aggressive). In a good relationship, you can be yourself and trust each other.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM

124 posts, read 233,190 times
Quote:
But I ask of him that while I am not working, I want him with me 24/7.
This statement right here is why your husband is acting like a grump. You are trying to control him.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Ya the BJ thing. I don't like it. He keeps pressuring me. He constantly asks why I would not do it. I finally said because I AM NOT A HOOKER!
Now I feel sorry for the guy.

Quote:
The tennis partner yeah. He is ok with females. NOT guys which is understandable but I can't control who answers my ad for tennis partner. So far I only had 1 reply which is a male. I even showed him the pic of the guy. Told him he is old. I won't cheat on him anyway. I am not a cheater. Just want something to do when he is out enjoying golf without me.
IMO that is overly controlling, distrustful, and insecure of him - Does he have any reason/history to make him feel this way? I play sports with the opposite sex, and my SO could care less as we have total trust in each other.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
Dang. Sometimes I regret even going here. We are okay again for the nth time. Guess I've to just be used to my husband's tendency to be hot and cold. And when his single life phase attacks aka his cold mood I guess I've to not make a thread about it and just deal with it.

So all is fine again, don't care what you say about us. I guess I will be more busy if we get the house we just made an offer today and hopefully find a job.

So adios. Have a nice life people coz we sure have. And a loving one to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships