Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1018 View Post
I believe that its not anyones place to judge someone else.
If their is a dating site for people with STD's then good for them. I think it is so ignorant for people to assume that someone who has an STD is dirty, irresponsible or even sleeps around. If your going to post something like that you should really try to take other peoples feels into consideration. I think that its horrible, the things that some people can say to one another. No less the close mindedness of people these days. I guess people forgot the words RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, CHILD ABUSE and an UNFAITHFUL SPOUSE, or do your just consider them people who sleep around too??? I would really hope you are never in the opposite position to where someone looks at you as dirty or someone that sleeps around because of a situation you had no control over.
WELL-SAID...and I would add, to the OP, that you may be talking about a member of your own family...or one of your friends. How do you know for sure that you're not????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
The cattiness in here amazing. The OP was just giving an initial reaction with the intentions of sharing some news. no need to jump down their throat like half-starved hyenas. Just point out tactfully that her post wasn't quite so....tactful is enough.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
(they obviously sleep around with everyone they go on a first date with)?? That's just gross, in my opinion. You know these people are too promiscuous, "players", and only want a 1 night stand.
IMHO, the posts you seem to be referring to are honest attempts to respond with a sense of fairness on behalf of people who the words above unfairly and inaccurately demonize, yet who are dealing with the challenge of having an STD.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:14 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
It made it's first public debut in the 1930's in the United States. Sorry.

NPR : Origin of AIDS Linked to Colonial Practices in Africa
NPR... I'm impressed! And humbled! And aroused! Not only has she got looks, but brains too! :shwing!:

Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
hahaha Shuke! Do I want to know what NPR stands for?

I tried "schwing'ing" at someone I saw on TV years and years ago when I was watching some movie with my brothers.. they all started freaking out and gagging. "oh NO, aw MAN.. girls can't SCHWING! that's messed up!"

Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
hahaha Shuke! Do I want to know what NPR stands for?
Oh, c'mon, kitty... don't ruin a good schwing.... NPR = National Public Radio. Every good high-brow liberal should give it a listen, if only so they can look down their nose at everyone else!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
The cattiness in here amazing. The OP was just giving an initial reaction with the intentions of sharing some news. no need to jump down their throat like half-starved hyenas. Just point out tactfully that her post wasn't quite so....tactful is enough.
The OP was insulting and demeaning a group of people with an opinion based on total ignorance. We're trying to educate her, because she desperately needs it. Her words were malicious and hurtful.

If that's being catty, then all I have to say is, "Meow."

Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
There are certain things that put people out of the, what we call normal heterosexual box, and they too need someone that has the information, education and understanding of someone in the same postion with herpes, or HIV or whatever.

Heck we all have certain things about us that make us different, but no one deserves to be without love.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
The OP was insulting and demeaning a group of people with an opinion based on total ignorance. We're trying to educate her, because she desperately needs it. Her words were malicious and hurtful.

If that's being catty, then all I have to say is, "Meow."
Thanks, Claire, that's the first time I've been called a meowing, starving hyena.......!! I do agree that, IF ONE GOES BACK AND ACTUALLY READS THEM, the OP's words are exactly as you describe them...SHEESH!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
Geez, I had to recheck the original poster's count to make sure she wasn't a troll. Amazing!

"Results of a nationally representative study show that genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, at least 45 million people ages 12 and older, or one out of five adolescents and adults, have had genital HSV infection. Between the late 1970s and the early 1990s, the number of Americans with genital herpes infection increased 30 percent." CDC quote

Lena, with stats like these even YOU know someone with an STD. YOU may have even slept with one. YOU should be more careful and thoughful. People with these issues cannot be stereotyped, there are TOO many ways to contract a disease, including but not limited to being a hoochie or playa. What if you had something like, let's say herpes that you got from your cheating loved one. You leave them and later you decide to date again. Fall in love. Go for that first night of unbridled passion, swooning, breathing... PAUSE "Honey, I have to tell you something." That is one of the hardest things a person has to face. Rejection, pain, etc. I think this is a great site!

Take it easy girlie, that's all I am saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships