Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Being femine is sexy, trying to be a man, is not.
So catering to a man by cooking and cleaning is a real woman and those of us who prefer to work and expect him to do his fair share (because we are working)are fake women. Okay got it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,903 times
I understand what the OP is getting at, and I agree to some extent, only I don't think it's just in young women. I've witnessed it in a bunch of women I know, and I've heard men I work with complain about it. If I were a man who worked really hard for all that I have and had to take care of a woman who didn't reciprocate in some way, I'd feel really gypped too. My uncle left his wife after 30+ years of marriage because he was sick of supporting her, watching her spend all the money he worked so hard to earn, and then she never did anything for him - never cleaned the house, never even had dinner waiting for him after working 12 hour days, nothing. I would've left too. Relationships are a two-way street, so I'd be sure to pamper my husband if he pampered me. It's about give and take, not just give, give, give by one party and take, take, take for the other.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
You'll hear women say they are "traditional" or "old fashioned" in the respect that they always expect their man to pay, but can you ask them to clean your house or cook dinner? Nope. Watch idontdateyou freak out to that one. It's a sad thing and men everywhere (weak men, starved of sex) bend over and take it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
That's the problem. Women are so determined to be so damn "self"-sufficient that they really have no need of a man. "Self"...Self...Self...me, myself,and I. Ooops...I is the middle letter in sIn. hehehe
Actually I don't "need" a man, but want one. One that treats me as an equal who wants a companion.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Being femine is sexy, trying to be a man, is not.
So to be considered feminine I have to cook and clean?

Who knew?

Can you physically not wash your own dishes, cook a meal or run the vacuum around the house?

Oh, and before you start on the pampering and whatnot, I always go dutch on dates and don't expect a man to pay for anything for me. I can pamper myself, thankyouverymuch.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
So catering to a man by cooking and cleaning is a real woman and those of us who prefer to work and expect him to do his fair share (because we are working)are fake women. Okay got it.
You jump very quickly to angry conclusions. I see this a lot with feminists. There's an anger inside you against men you can't control. I understand.

No. That is not what I'm saying. If she works and wants to be an equal parnter. GREAT! The problem I find is that most women DON'T want to be an equal partner. They want to be catered to, but provide nothing but sex in return, which is comical.

If a woman refuses to ever pay, she should contribute in other ways. If thats cooking and cleaning, ok. There are other ways too. My point is, there are many women out there who wont contribute at all, but still want to be taken care of.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You'll hear women say they are "traditional" or "old fashioned" in the respect that they always expect their man to pay, but can you ask them to clean your house or cook dinner? Nope. Watch idontdateyou freak out to that one. It's a sad thing and men everywhere (weak men, starved of sex) bend over and take it.
I don't always expect my man to pay so not sure why you think I would get mad. Besides I'm only going to clean someone's house if I live there (and am married)and I am not working, or we both work and both clean. Same thing with cooking.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
So if you pay for dinner, I'm expected to go to your house and clean it? What if I pay for dinner, because I really need to do laundry and I'll gladly pay for a $20 dinner if a guy is willing to do that for me.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You jump very quickly to angry conclusions. I see this a lot with feminists. There's an anger inside you against men you can't control. I understand.

No. That is not what I'm saying. If she works and wants to be an equal parnter. GREAT! The problem I find is that most women DON'T want to be an equal partner. They want to be catered to, but provide nothing but sex in return, which is comical.
I don't know many of those women you are talking about because the women I know treat the man to dinners like he treats them.

Actually you are gender bashing and that is annoying. I don't hate men, nor am I a traditional feminist. I am more of an equal believing person.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
No, my point is if a woman wants to be treated and taken care of by a man in the traditional respect, then she should take care of her man in the traditional respect.

You want to break away from that and the domestic leanings? Then you don't get the perks of being a woman in the dating realm.

No. It's a matter for each couple to work out their own dynamics, and for others to worry about their own life.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships