Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
The first issue reveals no respect for boundaries, which automatically disqualifies him. The second issue, I can understand wanting your first name (did he offer his?) but your middle name? he just wants to google you. NEXT!
Nope, didn't offer his.

My name is unique enough that he could possibly get a hit on me from Google. Couldn't find me as I am mostly off the grid, but who knows what could be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Nope, didn't offer his.

My name is unique enough that he could possibly get a hit on me from Google. Couldn't find me as I am mostly off the grid, but who knows what could be found.
It's not only google. Trust me, I once spent time learning how to stalk people.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,781 times
You're over-reacting on the tattoos.

1. They GO on your body.
2. They're in a specific location on your body.

If you're not comfortable discussing it, that's one thing - but those are kind of (in addition to what the tattoo is, meaning, etc) the defining characteristics of a tattoo...

It's kind of unfair to bring up a subject (like mentioning it in a profile) - then claim people are "creeps" because they inquire about it...

Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

1. They GO on your body.

If you're not comfortable discussing it, that's one thing - but those are kind of (in addition to what the tattoo is, meaning, etc) the defining characteristics of a tattoo...

It's kind of unfair to bring up a subject (like mentioning it in a profile) - then claim people are "creeps" because they inquire about it...
Clarification: I didnt't mention having tats on my profile. He asked if I had any, I said yes, he asked where. I said my back, he inquired further.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Not necessarily creeped out but it would tell me that he doesn't have common sense about boundaries and probably lacks patience.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:29 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
I think you are over reacting. Why set up a dating profile if you aren't willing to tell someone your name? That's weird. And wanting to know about tattoos is perfectly normal as well; some people hate them.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
LOL - seriously, I told him they were on my back. In my mind, that should suffice. He then asked me 3 times WHERE on my back they were located. THAT'S what bothered me.

Oh, I see. Then he was probably shimmying his shammy while he was talking to you!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Yeah you probably should have never mentioned the tattoos if you didn't want to discuss them. I would ask him why he wants to know my middle name.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

1. They GO on your body.

The point is that he persisted in asking even when he said he suspected she was avoiding the question. So he knew he was making her uncomfortable and still kept at it. Without even having met her. I would not want to be with someone who was so at ease with trying to push someone's boundaries without even having met them.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM

Again - my profile does not mention tats. He asked. I was honest & said yes & gave a general location.

If he's not into them, thats great, move on.

Why so pushy to know exact location?

I did give him my first name as asked - keep in mind, we're only 12hrs in to this. I drew the line at my middle name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships