Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So for the past few weeks, I've been seeing and talking to a girl who I met online, everything marked with an asterisk is things we have in common

-23 Years Old*
-Latina
-Doesnt Do Drugs*
-Doesnt Smoke*
-Lives at Home*
-Is Currently Unemployed (Full Time student though)
-Likes "How I Met Your Mother"*
-Likes Memes*
-Has an eclectic taste in music*
-Has a very positive attitude and life outlook
-Isn't a golddigger

The reason the thread is titled the way it is, is because in spite of all this great stuff...she's....idk how else to put it, fat. I used to not have a problem being with a full figured woman, but I've noticed its always been the fat ones who find me attractive, while the height-weight proportionate girls of my generation tend to go for either the Jersey Shore looking guys or the Lil Wayne fans who wear snapbacks, have tattoos and walking around saying words like "Swag" "Yolo" and "Cray"

I already dated a full figured girl once but I dont want to any more, I'd like to date a woman whose weight is more proportionate to mine (I'm 5'9 and weigh about 155). Due to ths girls weight, I'm on the fence about taking things to a serious level with her, I dont see any downsides otherwise. Does that make me shallow
Be prepared for a lifetime of this 'issue'. If height/weight proportionate women are overlooking you now and in the past, than more than likely this trend will never change.
That doesn't mean you are ugly, it just means that compared to the guy standing next to you, most women will choose the other guy most of the time. And I do mean most of the time. If you are struggling at 22 to attract women that you find physically attractive, then you most likely always will struggle there.

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 05-01-2013 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: most of the post is not applicable.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
The main reason I am still considering dating her is because I told her about my health status and she didn't freak out and run away like past girls have
Wait a minute. You have a severe medical condition and you want to date like the typcial healthy 22 year old ?
If you have a severe health issue, then I'm sorry but normal dating life doesn't apply to you.

I just wrote a long reply, but I thought you were the kind of guy that struggles dating for no specific reason other than not being able to attract women that you are attracted to.

A medical condition changes EVERYTHING. And I'm not discriminating here.
Join a support group with people that share your condition.
And try to date people with similair issues, as they will be the only ones who can truely understand what you are going through.
People that don't share your condition will never REALLY understand what you are going through.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Now that I see the OP is HIV+ I am changing my position. You need to lower your standards, and should be happy this fat girl is interested.( Unless you make a lot of money of course.)

Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
I have 2 nephews with HIV. They were adopted by my brother. They are gregarious, outgoing, lovely young men but the 21 year year old struggles with his status. The whole girlfriend thing has become such a bugbear. Despite the medical advances society still has a phobia about HIV. My brother has spent years helping them to educate others and to not shy away from it. It's an issue, you can't deny that. It will impact your dating life and no amount of pretending will change that fact. It's a handicap when healthy young people are deciding to date other healthy young people rather than someone with a medical condition. I'm not saying the OP has to change who is attracted to but I can almost guarantee you Davie, you won't be getting a super model for a girlfriend any time soon.

This is an issue you will have to work through, weighing up (no pun intended), whether you can live with a certain amount of fat and whether you will accept someone who may not be your absolute ideal.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
The main reason I am still considering dating her is because I told her about my health status and she didn't freak out and run away like past girls have
How could you not love her?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
The OP should be straightforward, honest and direct about his HIV condition to any woman.

Too bad there's many out there who are not honest or don't even know they have it and potentially give others STD's.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
The OP should be straightforward, honest and direct about his HIV condition to any woman.

Too bad there's many out there who are not honest or don't even know they have it and potentially give others STD's.
i didn't know you could give someone an STD by talking to them. perhaps he could just fashion some sort of sign to make his life easier. perhaps the letters of his condition. maybe make it red or scarlet or something so it stands out. then he won't have to bother explaining

Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
You're not shallow for only wanting to date people that you're attracted to. You're just being unrealistic in your expectations.

Last edited by yayoi; 05-01-2013 at 12:29 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
i didn't know you could give someone an STD by talking to them. perhaps he could just fashion some sort of sign to make his life easier. perhaps the letters of his condition. maybe make it red or scarlet or something so it stands out. then he won't have to bother explaining
C'mon I think you know what I meant.

The sleeping with multiple partners surely isn't going to end anytime soon.

Someone who's honest will need to elaborate on their condition(s) if applicable imo.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
C'mon I think you know what I meant.
the "to any woman" part makes me think you feel there's some sort of obligation to tell up front. which i disagree with (prior to actual sexual activity, which of course changes things)

Quote:
The sleeping with multiple partners surely isn't going to end anytime soon.

Someone who's honest will need to elaborate on their condition(s) if applicable imo.
fwiw i don't really know OP's posting history - apparently he's a bit of a handful. but he did already note he's disclosed, so it seems he's defied his MO, at least in this case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships