Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'm not offended by PUA posts, I just get tired of reading about it.

I think the whole PUA pastime is a silly waste of time and even sillier if one actually pays for one of the seminars I've heard about. I will have to admit though it is somewhat entertaining to me and my friends to watch these "PUA" graduates trying their learned lines and blah blah on those in the establishment we happen to be in. We consider it "Dinner AND a Movie".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Ugh, this thread reminds me of this:

Planet Fitness TV ad 2011 -- I lift things up and put them down. - YouTube

Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Personally...if someone approached me at my gym, I wouldn't really feel inclined to have a conversation, since I'm there to work out. Also, I find it to be a bit creepy...I see this happen from the same guys at my gym and i just roll my eyes.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM

164 posts, read 356,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think the whole PUA pastime is a silly waste of time and even sillier if one actually pays for one of the seminars I've heard about. I will have to admit though it is somewhat entertaining to me and my friends to watch these "PUA" graduates trying their learned lines and blah blah on those in the establishment we happen to be in. We consider it "Dinner AND a Movie".
This so much.

I don't mind meeting people at the gym (heeeey, can I get a spotter?!), but I'm really not interested in being picked up at the gym for dates, *especially* by someone who is doing the PUA routine. PUAs are such a turn-off and completely squick me out.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I HATED when guys would ask you out at the gym, I HATED when guys would follow you around trying to start up conversations.

The girls look at each other and give the little eye roll.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I HATED when guys would ask you out at the gym, I HATED when guys would follow you around trying to start up conversations.

The girls look at each other and give the little eye roll.
I agree. It's sooooo annoying!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 PM

752 posts, read 1,165,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
No babe. I lift for body sculpting and that is possible see in my avi and even more IRL. You know come to gym in car with amplifier, listening to George Michael, carry ON ( right expression ahaha) Affliction or Aqua Vi shirt, low rise jeans. I’m Ferrari not heavy truck. BTW I like more that guy “that lift tings” then nerd that kick him out.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:28 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
I'd rather not be approached at the gym. If I'm hot, sweaty, and not looking my best, therefore, I'm not going to be feeling very attractive or sexy which is probably going to make me very receptive to being asked out.

Also, the gym is sometimes the only "me time" I get all week, to zone out and be alone with my thoughts and try to find my zen. I'd be pretty pissed if I'm just trying to get zen on the elliptical and melt away the week's stress and some guy keeps following me around and trying some PUA routine.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM

752 posts, read 1,165,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I'd rather not be approached at the gym. If I'm hot, sweaty, and not looking my best, therefore, I'm not going to be feeling very attractive or sexy which is probably going to make me very receptive to being asked out.

Also, the gym is sometimes the only "me time" I get all week, to zone out and be alone with my thoughts and try to find my zen. I'd be pretty pissed if I'm just trying to get zen on the elliptical and melt away the week's stress and some guy keeps following me around and trying some PUA routine.
I follow my own not PUA routine. I will know how approach at gym, thanks to these thread in part.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
No babe. I lift for body sculpting and that is possible see in my avi and even more IRL. You know come to gym in car with amplifier, listening to George Michael, carry ON ( right expression ahaha) Affliction or Aqua Vi shirt, low rise jeans. I’m Ferrari not heavy truck. BTW I like more that guy “that lift tings” then nerd that kick him out.

Ew, please don't call me "babe". Maybe that's why you're having a hard time picking up women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships