Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
So in other words you enjoy eating junk food? fine but don't expect taxpayers to pay for your heart surgery because you are 400 pounds. Grocery stores sell fruit and vegetables look into that.
I don't "enjoy" eating junk food and am currently trying to cut back on salt and crap but, lo and behold, it ain't as easy as everyone on C-D says it is. The crap food is what I can afford and having time to cook can be a problem also and I only anticipate it getting worse if I get into grad school in fall.

You know what, I think there is something to Scottay's theory. No adult in their right mind, is this simplistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Not yet but I will next summer I predict.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 PM

332 posts, read 435,965 times
Why is it so bad for a guy to dislike fat girls?

Because then he would burst their little bubble of self-importance.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't "enjoy" eating junk food and am currently trying to cut back on salt and crap but, lo and behold, it ain't as easy as everyone on C-D says it is. The crap food is what I can afford and having time to cook can be a problem also and I only anticipate it getting worse if I get into grad school in fall.

You know what, I think there is something to Scottay's theory. No adult in their right mind, is this simplistic.
There are healthy foods out there. I often just eat salads or grilled chicken breasts for dinner for example.

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Have you married taco kid yet?
YJ, you know perfectly well it's Taco MAN. Hopefully, Taco Man gets to know IDDY better and realizes what he is getting himself into.

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
So in other words you enjoy eating junk food? fine but don't expect taxpayers to pay for your heart surgery because you are 400 pounds. Grocery stores sell fruit and vegetables look into that.
I am 5'7" 118lb 18% body fat. Played waterpolo in college (was in the college team) I am considered semi-professional athlete. I also played all kinds of water sports and extreme sports from bungee jumping to scuba diving.

I have family history of heart attack and heart disease. I myself have high blood pressure (from time to time). Good diet cannot fix genetic illness. We all have to gamble when it comes to our health.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am 5'7" 118lb 18% body fat. Played waterpolo in college (was in the college team) I am considered semi-professional athlete. I also played all kinds of water sports and extreme sports from bungee jumping to scuba diving.

I have family history of heart attack and heart disease. I myself have high blood pressure (from time to time). Good diet cannot fix genetic illness. We all have to gamble when it comes to our health.
True some people are pre disposed to it but many do it to themselves. I can't begin to mention all the morbidly obese people I knew who ate unhealthy and didn't workout. I know exactly one person with a thyroid problem and ironically yes was obese but a swimmer.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
YJ, you know perfectly well it's Taco MAN. Hopefully, Taco Man gets to know IDDY better and realizes what he is getting himself into.
Oh excuse me, you hold me to a very lofty standard.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 PM

25 posts, read 89,844 times
To be honest for your post, you seem to be showing off... Ok, you are tall we see. However, you must know that being too tall and being too fat are not the same things. Being tall has not negative connotations but being fat has. Considering that you are uttering this 'you are fat' sentence to a lady, i think, you are really rude. Please forgive me for my harsh comments, but they are my own opinions.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM

332 posts, read 435,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigabyte View Post
To be honest for your post, you seem to be showing off... Ok, you are tall we see. However, you must know that being too tall and being too fat are not the same things. Being tall has not negative connotations but being fat has. Considering that you are uttering this 'you are fat' sentence to a lady, i think, you are really rude. Please forgive me for my harsh comments, but they are my own opinions.
Actually I think the reverse is worse.

You can't control your height so a girl making fun of a guy for being too tall or too short is shallow because it is beyond his control.

Your weight is something you can directly control.

*And now sit by and wait for the comments blaming your extra weight on your "slow" metabolism, your parents, the corporations, society, and everyone else.*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships