Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM

43 posts, read 92,136 times

Advertisements

It's not bad, everybody has their own tastes. I think what you want to say is that you are not ATTRACTED to fat girls, to say you don't like someone because of how much they way seems kind of shallow. Besides the more you get to know a person, the better they look or you don't notice their flaws as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm sure the short guys are already refusing the fat chicks so I'm sure they already know that they have the right to not like fat chicks.
I would hope they do but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even the subject line of this thread points to the guy not being sure he has "the right" to not be interested in overweight women.

So I'm sorry, I disagree with you.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
It's not bad, everybody has their own tastes. I think what you want to say is that you are not ATTRACTED to fat girls, to say you don't like someone because of how much they way seems kind of shallow. Besides the more you get to know a person, the better they look or you don't notice their flaws as much.
Exactly. To use an analogy, since this one was (predictably) brought up by several men here: I don't dislike short men because they're short.

I do dislike the yippy ones that snap at an overweight woman's ankles with joy because they've finally found someone they can put down. (Oh yay!)

So you can see it's not the actual physical quality I dislike (in fact I've dated quite a few very short men, one got terrier-nippy over the tiniest - yar har! - things, didn't like that one, liked the rest). It still boils down to the personality.

Doesn't seem the personality is being considered at all by the "I hate fat chicks!" brigade. Again -- that's still their choice. But there is a huge difference between "not liking" someone solely because of a physical characteristic, and simply not being attracted to a person with that physical characteristic.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
There ya go.

Simple physical preference is simple physical preference when it comes to romance.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
No one should be happy about their weight/size if it is unhealthy.

If someone is dealthy skinny, people try to help them. But if someone is fat, no one cares. Its normal. This goes for men and women.
It's normal to be fat? Are you kidding me? I criticize myself 24 -7. And so do others. Been dieting for 4 months now. Gawd forbid I have a hankering for a cheeseburger. I see the looks from my family. Lol

Here give this burger to those skinny b*tches. Some of them need it.

Yes I want to be healthy. And I need to restrain myself from all the evil fast foods. Cooking at home and growing it yourself is best. I worked at 3 food places yeah they can be nasty.

Just this morning I got a coffee and a dude dropped cups on the floor he turned looked at me, and put them back on the pile!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

Just this morning I got a coffee and a dude dropped cups on the floor he turned looked at me, and put them back on the pile!
Oh gross.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's normal to be fat? Are you kidding me? I criticize myself 24 -7. And so do others. Been dieting for 4 months now. Gawd forbid I have a hankering for a cheeseburger. I see the looks from my family. Lol
Yeah, I wouldn't say "fat" people don't get criticized. In fact it pretty much seems to be open season when there's an overweight woman around.

Overweight men don't get it as bad but definitely, I don't think people feel it's "normal" or "okay" to be fat. And trust me. If you see a very overweight woman walking around, even if she looks cheerful (God forbid), nine times out of ten she's dying inside because she knows she's being looked on as "that fat woman."

Most people do not want to be fat nor do they consider it normal and okay. A few do -- and a bunch more pretend they do, in order to bolster their self-esteem because it hurts so much to be fat.

I remember this from after my second child, God I was overweight (mostly water, I lost 40 pounds in one month, my goodness but was that freaky) and I was all smiles and all "self-confidence" on the outside but you can bet not five minutes went by without my berating myself for it, much less someone else berating me for it.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
No one should be happy about their weight/size if it is unhealthy.

If someone is dealthy skinny, people try to help them. But if someone is fat, no one cares. Its normal. This goes for men and women.
No, I think people care...but many times that "caring" is expressed in condescending ways. I haven't been overweight my whole life but for the last 15 years, I've been rather chunky. Now, I'm actually losing weight on my own and feeling a lot better about it...but I'm not sharing any of this with my family. Some of them think that my IQ dropped when my weight increased...that somehow I became a lower class citizen.

The formula is simple...eat less and eat correctly. For me, it's very specific. But the weight gain really started during chemotherapy...I actually had several people (including my mommy) tell me "at least you'll lose weight when you go in for chemo"...actually no, that is when the gain started. I couldn't move and nothing tasted good...when I wasn't barfing, I was eating mashed potatoes and milkshakes.

My point is right along with everyone else...prefer who you want, don't try to change people, don't discriminate, don't be hateful or rude, be yourself. That last part...be the best self that you can be... but you know, everyone is on their own schedule. I had to have another life threatening thing come up before I realized that my ways were the wrong ways.

Of course, I'm a sexy beyotch now...but my personality has always been the same...SO...if you treated me poorly when I was overweight BECAUSE I was overweight, I absolutely will remember you with distaste. If you were kind to me, regardless of what I looked like, I will remember you with great fondness.

How do you want to be remembered?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Well I just had a childhood friend die of a heart attack at 46 years old and he was within the so-called healthy BMI index and ate healthy too.

IMO: It's okay to dislike any imperfection you deem so as we all have our preferences, but just be "humane" about it to those affected.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh gross.
Yeah it was. That'll teach my fat butt not to get coffee there. Breaking out the keurige. MMMMM irish cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships