Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 07:49 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,000,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why is it bad for a guy to dislike fat girls?
It is perfectly fine for a guy to be attracted to whomever he is, regardless of body type.

It's not ok for a guy to be a jerk about it. Calling someone "fat" is generally seen as a put down, as derogatory, inflamatory, or insulting remark these days. It is not constructive criticism.

It is also subjective. We can place metrics on it, but whether someone looks "fat" is still subjective.

I personally do not like, or dislike overweight women. I love and am attracted to beautiful women, and some have larger body types than others. I have no idea if you would consider any of them fat, skinny, or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Still sounds like a double standard to me. Besides, what about women genetically predisposed to being fat? That's the same as a guy predisposed to being short.
No it isn't. If a person has lower metabolism, then just eat less or exercise more. Also, there is no evidence there are significant changes in metabolism due to your genes.

A person who is genetically disposed to be short do not have an option. He can not make himself taller.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM

286 posts, read 417,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
So if I'm not so hot that means a fat girl is entitled to me? Just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I have to find fat girls attractive because they're the opposite. I can have whatever taste I want regardless of how I look.
News flash: They don't think they are entitled to you. However, everyone, no matter their appearance, deserves to be loved. Their weight does not make them any less of a person. If an overweight person loses weight, he or she is still the same person.

The last bolded part stands true for overweight people as well.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 AM

286 posts, read 417,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
They probably believe the lie that they are BBW or curvy or the other lies society says about fat women. So many fat people are delusional.
Many thin people are delusional as well.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,726 times
This forum really needed another thread telling us fat women are awful people and should be avoided at all costs.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
This forum really needed another thread telling us fat women are awful people and should be avoided at all costs.
We should.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
No it isn't. If a person has lower metabolism, then just eat less or exercise more. Also, there is no evidence there are significant changes in metabolism due to your genes.

A person who is genetically disposed to be short do not have an option. He can not make himself taller.
Height surgery....

Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Why does it always seem to come down to this on this forum? The short guys come out of the woodwork and pump their little fists about how, since there are women who aren't attracted to them, they should have "the right" to go off on a subset of women -- usually, overweight women. It's weird, it's like Pavlov's Short Dude, a bell goes off and they go crazy with joy screaming about how gross "fat" women are. You could probably time the coming of Halley's Comet and the bi-annual equinoxes by the short dudes coming out in droves to gloat happily about how hatable "fat" women are.

Get over it, guys. You do have the right not to be sexually attracted to overweight women. And they have a right not to be attracted to your tiny selves. Getting off on putting women down because you feel at a disadvantage is probably the main thing repelling women from you, not your height.

Build a bridge (a tall one ) and get over it. Yes, you can go ahead and be unattracted to overweight women. Okay?

All better now? Do you need a cookie?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why does it always seem to come down to this on this forum? The short guys come out of the woodwork and pump their little fists about how, since there are women who aren't attracted to them, they should have "the right" to be truly cruel to a subset of women -- usually, overweight women.

Get over it, guys. You do have the right not to be sexually attracted to overweight women. And they have a right not to be attracted to your tiny selves. Getting off on putting women down because you feel at a disadvantage is probably the main thing repelling women from you, not your height.

Build a bridge (a tall one ) and get over it. Yes, you can go ahead and be unattracted to overweight women. Okay?

What a stupid post. Just because I state a fact, men can't do anything about their height, but women can do something about their weight, then you assume

1. I am short
2. I do not believe women have the right to be attracted to taller men
3. I am repelling women by putting them down for being attracted to height

What a load of crap! If you had even bothered to read my previous posts you will see that it does not bother me at all. Next time don't assume I am someone without knowing a thing about me.

If you have any sense of decency you will apologize right now.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why does it always seem to come down to this on this forum? The short guys come out of the woodwork and pump their little fists about how, since there are women who aren't attracted to them, they should have "the right" to go off on a subset of women -- usually, overweight women.

I'm sure the short guys are already refusing the fat chicks so I'm sure they already know that they have the right to not like fat chicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships