Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

I thought it might be fun to share a few hilarious dating experiences.

Here, snippets of real conversations that have happened to me on a date or when someone was hitting on me.

Here are my top of mind ones:

1. First meet, online date. Right after introductions the guy said to me "wow, I didn't know you had (big) boobs, I couldn't tell in your pictures."

2. Coffee date - me: did you get any coffee? him: no, I brought my own drink from home. Just need to get some hot water for my tea bag.

3. At a bar, a guy comes up and sits at the table next to me. Offers to buy me a drink. With a caveat. He didn't want to leave the table. So he offered to just give me his card so I could buy a drink with his money. (That is either points for stupidity or naivety or both. Who gives a strange girl in the bar their credit card and tells her to walk off with it?)

4. Comment during a getting to know you conversation (you know the basics). "Can we go outside so you can show me your boobs and I can check the size of your bra?"

I know you all have some funny ones. Please share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 04:37 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
a punch in the face

Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
When we go dutch on the first date.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:53 PM

23 posts, read 32,995 times
"I have nightmares. [insert fifteen minute monologue about the most recent one]... Would you like to tell me about one of your nightmares now?"

Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,301,069 times
When we sit down to eat she says "I got so excited when I heard you were getting divorced."

also (same woman)

She knows I am a science professor and she goes on a rant about how scientists are arrogant and that astrology and palm reading are more reliable because they are older.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
When she doesn't eat anything at the restaurant and has only water.

[eat something!!]

Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 PM

114 posts, read 214,588 times
When she weighs 50 pounds more than in her pictures.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:13 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,435 times
Bad breath.
Anger issues

Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Oh man Jade....I've had both of those boob comments! I also had a guy ask if I would go to the restroom and take off my bra so he could see how saggy my breasts were on a first date. He wanted to make sure he wasn't being 'duped'.

Let's see...a few weeks ago I went out for a drink with an online date and he asked me point blank what booze and how many it would take to get me to have sex with him. Not super appropriate...I had my old fashioned and then left.

Had a guy go on a bit of a rant about tattoos once, not realizing I have a nearly completed sleeve. The fact that it's stated very plainly on my profile and there is a picture that shows my arm I realized he didn't actually read my profile at all. After he was done complaining about how stupid, lazy and idiotic people are who get tattoos I slowly pushed my sleeve up, smiled, gave him a high five and left.

A friend of mine went out with a guy who decided to go ON AND ON about how disgusting 'fat chicks were' pointing out the physical flaws of the other women in the restaurant. She is really athletic, but used to be quite obese before working for years to lose the weight. She let him know what an a-hole he was and left.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
These happened to me:

1. Went on a date with a guy (he lived by a friend)and he expected me to pay for him. He later got stoned and got into a fight and dumped me at his friend's house because I wouldn't have sex with him. His friend took me home and told me he really cant stand the guy and I can do much better.

2. Met guy and he started to critique my looks and how I should do this and that. If he didn't like me fine but don't tell me to change.

3. Several guys refused to buy drinks (talking soda)on a first meeting because "women use men for money". I didn't care they didn't buy for me but they were rude about it because I didn't ask them to buy.

4. One guy told me I could make a lot of money doing adult videos and another wanted to take my photo for a girlie magazine.

5. One guy started on a racist rant about biracial kids. I have a biracial niece and racism won't work in my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships