Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post
I am a man in his early thirties looking for a meaningful romantic relationship with a woman.

However instead of romance and emotional connection I get (just) sex.

Does this happen to any of you?

I want a relationship and it is the woman who disappears?

This happened to me twice this month. Each time I have attempted to initiate some type of romantic relationship after a physical encounter and either the woman simply disappeared or replied she wasn't interested.

And please this has nothing to do with sexual performance, since I am definitely above average in that field.
Maybe try reversing this? Get to know them first. See if they're looking for a romantic, meaningful relationship FIRST then worry about the physical. I'm reading this correctly, you had sex with 2 different women this month (and the month isn't even over yet) and both are not interested? Aside from the physical, I think we need more info to get a better understanding of you. How long did you know these women? How did you meet? What kind of date(s) did you go on? How long after meeting did you get physical?

P.S.--as a woman, I NEVER trust a man who toots his own horn like that (see the red)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
I am a man in his early thirties looking for a meaningful romantic relationship with a woman.

This happened to me twice this month. Each time I have attempted to initiate some type of romantic relationship after a physical encounter and either the woman simply disappeared or replied she wasn't interested.

And please this has nothing to do with sexual performance, since I am definitely above average in that field.
Early 30's can still be tough I think. A lot of women that age (if you tend to date in or near your age bracket) are still single for a reason - at this point they've had plenty of practice dodging relationships and playing games with men who would treat them right. That doesn't say as much about you as it does about them, but if they're willing to sleep with you, you're doing something halfway right already I guess. You're fine I'm sure...thoughtful and halfway gives a crap it sounds like anyway. You probably have high'ish standards for class and conduct that these women won't live up to anyway. That's the problem when you expect a lot and have high standards - you're going to be disappointed a lot. C'est la vie. Just keep at it. That's what I tell myself after someone I had high hopes for does me dirty.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 AM

114 posts, read 214,545 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
P.S.--as a woman, I NEVER trust a man who toots his own horn like that
Just meant to stave off the jokes.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:

It happens. It's a myth that men are generally looking for casual sex and women are generally looking for relationships. It might be a little more common that way, but the reverse happens quite often, too.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted a real relationship with a stripper, though? Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times
Quote:

Definitely above average, eh? That's quite a bold statement. Did you conduct a scientific study of a statistically significant sample of men in order to determine this? Please tell us more.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Well, why do you keep giving it up? If you want a relationship hold off on the sex until you have at least the start of one.

Quote:

Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
All right, Greg, I'm just going to say it because maybe it will help. And if it sounds like tough love, then it does. Your attitudes toward women seem, from your posts on here, to be pretty low. You're VERY judgmental, for example, of a woman's looks. You also tend to put things down to very base terms regarding women. So those are the women you're attracting: women who don't care that they're used. You're not attracting whole, complete women with self-esteem, who see themselves as worthy of real relationships.

If you would up your actual appreciation of women you'd probably start attracting a higher caliber of women.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Just meant to stave off the jokes.
That's all you took away from my post? I asked some legitimate questions and you only responded to the comment about performance

Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Perhaps you should actually get to know the woman before you sleep with her. That might weed out the ones who aren't looking for anything serious. If you don't want to be a one-night stand, don't act like a one-night stand.
fleetiebelle is onto something with this!^^^

Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
Quote:

I hear ya, I feel like the real life Good Luck Chuck sometimes, but hey at least your getting some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships