Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
For so many years I went to the big chains just because I didn't have to stress if my kids got a little loud...but now screaming kids set my teeth on edge...I guess in the next 10yrs or so I'll be back with the grandkids...but until then...I'm gonna enjoy the peace! I see some young people on dates at these places but they are usually arriving at 8 or 9 when the screaming memes are home in bed!
LOL... IDK... I see people with really small children out past 9 or even 10 sometimes, makes you wonder what the deal is with that.... some shabby parenting if you ask me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... IDK... I see people with really small children out past 9 or even 10 sometimes, makes you wonder what the deal is with that.... some shabby parenting if you ask me...

I've gone to Walmart and Target during the week after 9 and see little kids running around.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM

32 posts, read 74,096 times
I wouldn't call it superficial; just unrealistic.

Quite a few unanswered details in the OP's post.

What age group of men is she interested in? She stated she is well over 30, so a guess would be 36-38 range. Is she targeting men with all of those requirements in the 33 to 39 age range? Those are going to be high value men with lots of options. They are not targeting her, they are busy with the 24 to 30 year old female with youth and fertility.

OP stated she is divorced; no kids? What exactly does freelance mean? Freelance what? photography, writing, computer code? Did you buy the home on your own with your freelance income or did you win it in divorce? If freelance gives you enough income to buy a home why do you have a crappy car? Sounds like ex-hubby had a good job with benefits that allowed you to have a pretend job/hobby.

I imagine when you were in your twenties you had lots of attention from attractive, fit men willing to spend money to entertain you. Where are those men now, shouldn't they be fawning over you now that your single again? Me thinks not.

Good luck finding that Unicorn.

You should probably look on Craigslist in the free cat section and get a head start.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzjeepn View Post

You should probably look on Craigslist in the free cat section and get a head start.
What's the male equivalent to this?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
Quote:
Agree...although when we just had the one (before he was school age) we lived in NYC...and we used to take him to the local diner at all hours of the night...kinda bad but he loved it!!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Some real mean spirited responses here .... I see we're in a cycle of more men being crappy.... We did have a cycle a while back with more women being that way....

I guess it goes back and forth.....

Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
Quote:
Some real mean spirited responses here .... I see we're in a cycle of more men being crappy.... We did have a cycle a while back with more women being that way....

I guess it goes back and forth.....
It's always the poster with the one rep point!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzjeepn View Post
What exactly does freelance mean?
freelance is somebody who is self-employed and is not committed to a particular employer long term. These workers are sometimes represented by a company or an agency that resells their labor and that of others to its clients with or without project management and labor contributed by its regular employees. Others are completely independent.

Freelancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a freelance artist, I also own my own company. I make mid six figure a year and have job security and free time. =)

The traditional 9-to-5, 40-hour work week is just that: traditional. Shall we say? Boring?

by the way, I am still in my 20s, if I know a man "targets" me because of my youth and fertility, I wouldn't be interested.

OP is also a woman with a lot of options, by the way. If she lives near me, I'd introduce her to a lot of hotties I know. =)

Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,437 times
Quote:
We've all scored chicks during college and being broke as a joke .... the stuff I was talking about was more when you're all growns up and out in the dating world.

Of course some 19 yr girl shouldn't expect a 19 yr old boy to be ballin outta control.......
I wasent so lucky. I think I sabotoged myself for a few years though, all the guys around me wanted "hotties" so I figured thats what I had to do too otherwise I would be laughed at. After not getting laid for years I finally wised up and started dating in my leauge and things got alot better.

I think part of it is peer pressure, if a woman is a 5 and hangs out with 10's all the time thoes women are going to balk at men that the 5 women should be going after but because her friends snicker and make comments she cant dare approach that guy or she will be the laughing stock of her friends. Her friends dont know she is a 5 because they are all women.

I fell for it big time in college and being a 5 myself there were alot of clues over the years with all the social interactions that went on, I just didnt catch on till right before I graduated. It was a hard lesson indeed.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Earlier you mentioned that you have been married, and you have had many relationships, and this year is the first time you have been alone in your life.
To be honest, I absolutely feel no sympathy for you. Many people go months and years in different time of their life alone.
I wonder, if the opposite sex didnt consider you so attractive, would/ could you be so picky? Why do you always want "more"?
Why are you incapable of accepting a man for who he is?

What is it about you that makes you so unsatisfied with life and everyone that you come across ?
I wonder if you are attempting to come across as genuine, and considerate, when in reality you are quite a narcissist. This always wanting 'more', and your experience in dating with very few guys holding your interest point me to that conclusion.
Everyone is special in their own way, and everyone does deserve the best, but most people are not that much more special than the next person. I think the OP thinks she IS more special than most people, and therefore, how she values herself is reflected in her unrealistic expectations in a man/partner.

This isnt a personal attack on the OP, but I think its safe to say, that this individual isn't single due to lack of potential men to date or dating opportunities, her failure in finding a life partner is more internal to her, and her unrealistic expectations.

But the truth is, if you won't be happy with anything other than your expectations, than wait for someone to come along and meet them, or re-wire your expectations to accept something lower than your ideals are now.
Seldom do people rewire, instead, they 'settle', marry, have a kid or two, and then divorce and get out there once more now that they have accomplished the 'having child' life goal.

Good luck OP, I honestly hope you find happiness in a guy that meets your expectations, or happiness in another aspect in your life that can fill the void of being alone.
Yes, thank you. You have a point. I am hoping though I've just been looking in the wrong places (online) or going about it the wrong way (letting the man pursue me.) I was thinking tonight about some people around me who actually do get away with things (in other areas of their life) that I'd never even try. And it gets irritating to me that they get away with so much when I always seem to "follow the rules" maybe I do think I can get away with stuff in my love life and it's caught up with me? I wish I knew the answer. I honestly don't think I'm so bad, nor do I think I'm the best looking woman around, certainly not the youngest. And I do know men are superficial too and that factors in. But usually someone who is a nightmare doesn't know they're a nightmare. I do know I have shortcomings though. What will be will be just having a hard time staying positive about it lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships