Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,387,837 times

Advertisements

A HUGE turnoff for me on OKC these days are the guys who make it clear in their questions section that they are up for NSA sex, random hookups, sleeping with someone on the first date, open relationships, etc. and then appear to be clutching their pearls over STDs, while indicating that they do not get tested regularly. The best is when they indicate that they wouldn't even go out with someone who has ORAL herpes, which something like 65% of all adults eventually contract.

I don't even have oral herpes, but I'm sure as hell not going out with one of these idiots. My god, you can get HSV 1 from sharing a coffee cup! I don't have a problem with men who are promiscuous, either, but these guys are clearly not behaving responsibly and are either poorly educated on STDs or deliberately have their heads in the sand. They're like prime disease vectors, and they just seem terribly immature. If you're going to sleep around, at least be smart about it and be mature enough to accept the fact that STDs are a risk and you need to address it.

Rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
A HUGE turnoff for me on OKC these days are the guys who make it clear in their questions section that they are up for NSA sex, random hookups, sleeping with someone on the first date, open relationships, etc. and then appear to be clutching their pearls over STDs, while indicating that they do not get tested regularly. The best is when they indicate that they wouldn't even go out with someone who has ORAL herpes, which something like 65% of all adults eventually contract.

I don't even have oral herpes, but I'm sure as hell not going out with one of these idiots. My god, you can get HSV 1 from sharing a coffee cup! I don't have a problem with men who are promiscuous, either, but these guys are clearly not behaving responsibly and are either poorly educated on STDs or deliberately have their heads in the sand. They're like prime disease vectors, and they just seem terribly immature. If you're going to sleep around, at least be smart about it and be mature enough to accept the fact that STDs are a risk and you need to address it.

Rant over.

I think that we would be shocked at how many people have casual sex and DON'T use condoms.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM

324 posts, read 441,421 times
Oral herpss eww

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,059,069 times
Most Americans have Hsv1 now a days, you should not be worried about that, just be worried about the one hsv that appears you know where!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 PM

17 posts, read 38,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I think that we would be shocked at how many people have casual sex and DON'T use condoms.
you dont always catch an std from unprotected sex

Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,784,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyribbons View Post

True, but....

Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,058,663 times
Quote:

Rant over.
Any man who answers that question as "no" is a liar. Yet, that doesn't mean the don't want a relationship. I was unaware the other information were questions.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:27 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,387,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyribbons View Post
Well yes, but you also aren't completely protected even when there's a condom involved.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:29 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,611,082 times
great OP, completely agree. this is a major pet peeve of mine. i lose a lot of respect for guys when they bring up bogus concerns about STD's.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,611,082 times
Quote:
Well yes, but you also aren't completely protected even when there's a condom involved.
you aren't completely protected from getting killed in a car accident on the way home from work either.

reality: condoms work. sure they're not 100% full proof, but it's not something worth worrying about either if you're taking the proper precautions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships