Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Wow. I must not be like most men. I want it in the sunshine on the hood of a car.
Same here..just maybe not in the Walmart parking lot tho

Everybody has something about their body they do not like and I personally do not give a crap if the woman has an extra nipple on her forehead if I like her,so don't worry about it and just enjoy it like its the last Steak and Shake banana shake you are gonna get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 04:43 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamy87 View Post
I want to become intimate with a guy I'm dating but I'm self conscious about being naked in front of him, making "sex" faces(lol) and everything else that comes along with being vulnerable. I know it sounds silly, but I have a lot of negative feelings about my body. So my question is when men see a woman naked, or have sex with her, how critical are you of her body and it's imperfections--such as stretch marks, cellulite, scars, discoloration, etc. How critical are you of her when she makes "faces" or noises during sex? And have you ever been surprised at how a woman looked with her clothes off(compared to on)--such as have you ever thought that she might look one way and she took her clothes off and her body looked bigger than what you imagined or not as toned(how did that make you feel?)
To be honest, my wife had crooked teeth. It was not a factor, either in our intimate lives together, or when we were trying to increase the family. I didn't just marry her teeth. And, I didn't just marry her sexuality. I married the whole person, and that's also who I was intimate with, who I made love to, and who I held close when ever I could. She didn't have stretch marks when we met, or when we were married. But, after the first child was born, she certainly did. It did not change who she was or how I felt about her.

Do not "bury' yourself before your time. Another words, do not make an issue of anything until he does. No one is perfect. When you look at him, do you make notes of his imperfections? Is one ear lower than the other? Does his right shoulder sag lower than the left? And, if so, does that affect how you see him? It is for the eye of the beholder to assess the beauty. If you've reached the point of being intimate, don't you think you've also reached the point when you need to begin to trust him?

Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,212,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
stretch marks, cellulite, scars, discoloration....
As long it does all happen at the same time!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If they were that bad, you wouldn't have gone to the party in the first place, now would you.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM

332 posts, read 436,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My BF says that most men are just happy to be invited to the party. They don't care what the decorations look like.
I do.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:16 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, when you've got enough unattractive physical properties you don't exactly get to date the cream of the crop

Honestly, I'm stoked when they turn out not to have a criminal record and they have a job. I have no idea what I'm doing with the guy I'm dating currently...he's wayyyyy out of my league. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
I'm angry for you. That was just shockingly rude. I don't believe a scar on your abdomen could be bad enough for a guy to up and go like that.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Honestly, I'm stoked when they turn out not to have a criminal record and they have a job. I have no idea what I'm doing with the guy I'm dating currently...he's wayyyyy out of my league. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
doesn't that scare you? It would me.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM

142 posts, read 432,301 times
Oh god, I can relate to this more than you know... I'm also really shy and insecure about my body. I lost quite a bit of weight in the past year (went from a size 16 to a size 6) and even though I no longer see myself as a "fat girl," I still overthink all my perceived flaws ... Do my boobs seem saggy? Is my stomach sticking out? Are the stretch marks on my inner thighs noticeable?

The first couple times sleeping with a new partner, it's nerve-wracking (for me, at least). But honestly, he'll probably be freaking out for the same reasons, too. (Is she creeped out by my chest hair? Crap, I don't wanna come too soon. That kind of thing... ) Keep the lights low, and try to focus on how you make each other FEEL. Ultimately, if the sex feels good for both of you, then neither is going to notice a stray fat-roll or scar...

In regard to noises... (Ok, hopefully this isn't TMI, but it's kind of funny in retrospect.) Not too long ago, I was doing the deed, and once we were done I sat up... and kweefed... REALLY LOUD. I was humiliated and sat there, curled into a ball with my head in my hands going, "Oh my god! Oh my god!" while my guy awkwardly patted me on the back and told me it was ok.

Later, he said that he thought it was hilarious and totally didn't care... but the way I freaked out and overreacted about it made him uncomfortable. Lesson learned. Now, if (and when) it happens, I just say, "Oops!" and excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

Last edited by oakparkV; 05-24-2013 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM

12 posts, read 27,308 times
Ok, I don't want to get flamed, BUT I often feel like the number two reasons I get hit it on as frequently as I do is because of my face and body.. I'm an AA woman and I have really big butt but a flatter stomach, and from what I've been told a really nice face. Soooo my concern is that I've often found that a lot of guys put me on a pedestal and treat me and like me for those very shallow reasons... So I get used to it... But I don't feel like I like as good naked as I do with clothes on. So I always feel like the guys will be disappointed when they see that I'm not really all that special.

And to add I'm also very selective about who I choose to be intimate with because sex is a big deal to me. So for that reason I have only been with two other guys and they both were LTR and in both situations it was awkward the first few time bsecause of how I FELT about myself, not them.. I wasn't able to get comfortable and I felt really bad the whole time because I kept feeling fat or ugly. Neither one of them commented on the birthmark or anything else or noticed it, but I noticed it... Over time I became comfortable with them but never completely which probably stems from body issues.

The thing is with this guy I'm seeing, I really like him and the sexual attraction is even stronger than what it was with my last two bfs. So I don't want it be awkward, I want to be vulnerable and really have a good time, because I believe the chemistry between us so far is amazing. But I also feel like he puts me on a pedestal and I don't want him to be disappointed that I may not be what he imagined naked.

And to stepka, yes I've been told I'm thick, at a size 8 lol. Some people tell me I'm "small", but most guys tell me I'm thick. I don't necessarily want to lose weight, I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to be content with my body and I feel like it's fine the way it is--I could LOSE weight but I don't make it a priority right now. I work out 5-6 times a week though, 4x of heavy lifting, and 2x cardio.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
I don't think anybody cares about a birth mark.

And your legs are thicker? Everybody will see that even if you have clothes on. So the guys hitting on you won't expect super skinny legs when you take the pants off.

I suggest you become used to your own body. Walk around naked at home. Look in the mirror. Take sexy pics of yourself, you know, nice ones, not obscene pics. Don't show them to anyone, look at them yourself. You might be surprised how pretty you are.

If you have thick (short?) legs, maybe you wanna wear heels when you are getting naked with a guy or with lingerie in the beginning, it stretches and bumps the butt up. I doubt though that anybody cares about your legs when you are intimate since there are so many other places to look at. And you might be in a horizontal position, where you can't really see how big/thin thighs are anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships