Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,823,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Don't you need to wear them from time to time or else you could forget how to wear heels? A special occasion might warrant heels?
You never forget how to wear heels. Like you never forget how to drive manual transmission or ride a bike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,700,505 times
Me being on the short end I been around plenty of women taller than me its not that big of a deal.

Also I'm I don't really care about heels though I have seen some ridiculous ones that make me go why would wear that. LOL

Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,177,510 times
Most of my previous gfs have been shorter, but I've recently dated taller ones.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 AM

366 posts, read 647,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
No. I've always dated women that were shorter than me. For the women, I might ask, have you ever dated a man shorter than you are?
My wife is 4'11, by the way. I'm 5'11. Not that it matters, to me. It's kind of funny, though. She's that tall and 95 lbs. I'm a foot taller and built like a line backer.
Yes Im 5'9 and dated a 5'10 girl. She wore heels on the day we went out and sadly, I was very uncomfortable. Maybe it was something reflective in my machismo? I dont know! I just know that once we stepped out and saw her bending her knees to speak to me, that I became very aware she was taller than me and also become very uncomfortable.

Most of the women in my life have been in the 4'11-5'4 height range and 90-120 lbs. I also read something about how women at that height are married faster than anyone else. So men generally find petite women attractive. While women find big , tall men attractive.

But flipping the script, I dont think I could date a woman thats taller than me.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:29 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,522,056 times
Quote:
No. I've always dated women that were shorter than me. For the women, I might ask, have you ever dated a man shorter than you are?
My wife is 4'11, by the way. I'm 5'11. Not that it matters, to me. It's kind of funny, though. She's that tall and 95 lbs. I'm a foot taller and built like a line backer.

No. I dated a few who were 6'0- 6'2 range and I'm 6'2, so there's not too many taller, and the few times I have seen taller than me, they didn't appeal to me except for a female border crossing guard in Croatia - stunning amazon beauty in uniform.

Seems rare to find a very tall woman (say 6'2 or taller) who carries herself well unless they are athletic or into fitness. It's a kinesthetic aesthetic for me. I don't care for overly willowy types (giraffe like) and often the very tall do not move well - from an aesthetic point of view IMO. I think it is bio-physiological / laws of physics type of thing, a la, why insects can lift multiple times their weight but as the creature gets larger in overall mass cannot do so at the same ratios). I think it is analogous to why you rarely see a male gymnast (rings, horse, vault etc...)who's 5'10 or taller.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,295,364 times
I would totally reject a smoking hot model if she was 6 feet.

Joking.

Actually not joking, I wouldn't date models...joking again.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,623,930 times
Quote:
Dated someone who was about 3" taller than me, not a huge difference and damn, sexy poured out of her. Even the phone would melt when she called.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,069,865 times
i have, and both of them would sometimes bring up that they never dated someone shorter than they were.

i didn't let it bother me, since they said they always felt safe in my arms or when we were out.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:57 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,570,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Oh no, no. I'm 5'9" and I love being tall and would be happy to be a little taller. I was a tiny kid that got teased for being too short and tiny. I had kids towering over me and intimidating me as the new kid all the time. I wear 3-5 inch heels most days even as a SAHM. My husband is 6'1", which is a little disappointing. I enjoyed being able to put heels on and being taller than my dates even if only for a little while.
You would love to be TALLER? as a woman?? I think 5 9 is a great height, i actually dont wish i were taller or shoter, love this height so much, and i get complemented on it very much, its been an advantage for me in many respects. But when i was little, i grow up too soon too fast, so by the time i was 8,i was taller than all the boys in my class. Back then i got bullied cause of it a lot. For the looks of it, i was gonna be a 6 3 woman or something like that, but thankfully, i stopped growing and im normal tall now. But it used to be bad when i was little, hated being that tall. I guess i learned to try to blend in, and thats why i dont wanna wear heels. I dont wanna be looked at too much when i enter a place. I never liked to be the center of attention. I just wanna blend in.

High heels would make me stand out too much.

I actually have some very tall heels, around 4 inches probably? Used it 2 times only, became a giant. I could pull them off with my ex (he was very tall) but i wouldnt use them with someone else, i think. But never say never, i might change my mind on this

Last edited by SophieLL; 05-27-2013 at 11:13 AM..

Old 05-27-2013, 11:11 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,228,247 times
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships