Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 PM

217 posts, read 307,905 times

Advertisements

I'm relatively short at 5'8", but I'd be more than willing to date a woman who is taller than me. The trick is finding a woman is willing to date a guy who is shorter than her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:51 PM

523 posts, read 840,979 times
Never met a man shorter than me, I'm 5'2"

Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,382,520 times
I've dated several girls that were taller. Not the end of the world. It's not my first choice but I think both guys and girls are dumb to make a huge deal out of it.

Doggystyle is annoying if the girls are too much taller.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
Ive not dated, but slept with a women that was taller than me by a couple inches, and I'm 5' 11''.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 PM

810 posts, read 1,809,840 times
I have had taller girlfriends before and dated taller women before. I am 5'5", sometimes 5'6" depending on the type of shoes I am wearing that day. Tallest I ever dated was 5'11"

Height is one of those things that I don't look at when it comes to if I am attracted to somebody or not. I didn't date the tall women because they were tall and that was something that I was "into," but rather because I was attracted to other things about them.

I know that there are women out there who will not give guys who are my height a chance. That's ok; it's their prerogative if they want to date short or tall men. The best advice I can give from one short guy to another is to not let what others think about your height make you bitter or frustrated. Why worry about something that you cannot change?

Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,607,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Unless you're so short that you can do it standing on your feet!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:56 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

yah, its much harder to reach for a breast in that position; especially if her mid section is long.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:08 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I have had taller girlfriends before and dated taller women before. I am 5'5", sometimes 5'6" depending on the type of shoes I am wearing that day. Tallest I ever dated was 5'11"

Height is one of those things that I don't look at when it comes to if I am attracted to somebody or not. I didn't date the tall women because they were tall and that was something that I was "into," but rather because I was attracted to other things about them.

I know that there are women out there who will not give guys who are my height a chance. That's ok; it's their prerogative if they want to date short or tall men. The best advice I can give from one short guy to another is to not let what others think about your height make you bitter or frustrated. Why worry about something that you cannot change?
Solid, sound advice!

I don't waste my time on women who tread water in the "supericial" swimming pool.

I will never be a chick's tall, strapping, handsome dude, and I learned that years ago.

To the women who appreciate me and look my way, I will always be her best friend, her rock of support and the coolest guy in her life pending she gives me the chance to prove myself.

This is the difficulty that a lot of shorter guys have to deal with constantly, especially those of us who fall outside the universal desired height norms of society. It's getting noticed and getting your foot in the door.

You learn quickly to appreciate and respect the women who do look your way and take the time to introduce themselves to you rather than waiting around for the traditional "guy approach first" types.

Doesn't stop me from approaching women and dealing with rejection the same as always.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:11 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Solid, sound advice!

I don't waste my time on women who tread water in the "supericial" swimming pool.

I will never be a chick's tall, strapping, handsome dude, and I learned that years ago.

To the women who appreciate me and look my way, I will always be her best friend, her rock of support and the coolest guy in her life pending she gives me the chance to prove myself.

This is the difficulty that a lot of shorter guys have to deal with constantly, especially those of us who fall outside the universal desired height norms of society. It's getting noticed and getting your foot in the door.

You learn quickly to appreciate and respect the women who do look your way and take the time to introduce themselves to you rather than waiting around for the traditional "guy approach first" types.

Doesn't stop me from approaching women and dealing with rejection the same as always.
That's great attitude.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:14 PM

855 posts, read 1,385,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That's great attitude.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships