Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,976,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Im going to a bar for the first time in a WHILE - any tips? I'm going with a group of guys.

I tend to be "too nice" to women, at things like parties and bars. How do I change that?

I hookup or a phone number would be fun to get, any tips?

advice: go to the bar with your buddies, focus on your beer and having a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:25 AM

52,384 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
advice: go to the bar with your buddies, focus on your beer and having a good time.
Yeah... true....

Every time I went out on the prowl, I came home empty handed, it seemed like the times I was just out hanging with the guys, not really looking... I'd meet someone....

Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,976,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah... true....

Every time I went out on the prowl, I came home empty handed, it seemed like the times I was just out hanging with the guys, not really looking... I'd meet someone....

Or end up with uglies. I remember one night we went out looking hard, we met some girls in a dark club who looked pretty hot. They invited us to their hotel and as soon as I saw them in the light I called a DD to get me the heck out of there. Two of my buddies didn't care, one had a 3some and the other took the 3rd girl.

I would say those girls would be considered 7s in the dark and 3s in the light

Old 05-26-2013, 12:54 AM

52,384 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Or end up with uglies. I remember one night we went out looking hard, we met some girls in a dark club who looked pretty hot. They invited us to their hotel and as soon as I saw them in the light I called a DD to get me the heck out of there. Two of my buddies didn't care, one had a 3some and the other took the 3rd girl.

I would say those girls would be considered 7s in the dark and 3s in the light
Been there... done that...... have the t-shirt........

Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 AM

11,392 posts, read 9,314,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Scotsman View Post
Expect to go home alone, drunk and broke.
That is silly.

I'd rather go out alone than stay home alone. I go out fairly often mostly to see live music and when the concert is over I expect to go home alone. It's not so bad. I haven't been drunk in 15 years! You don't have to go out and drink in excess (or drink at all) to have a good time.

No tips for the OP except if you make eye contact with someone don't be afraid to say hello. It can't hurt.
Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Have a good time with your friends!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:22 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
As a guy who Bartended through college I learned 2 things:

1. Sober guys get more girls than drunk guys.

2. If you meet a girl, control the flow of alcohol to her.
There is a thin line between feeling good and having a girl too drunk to have sex fun.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,031,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
That is silly.

I'd rather go out alone than stay home alone. I go out fairly often mostly to see live music and when the concert is over I expect to go home alone. It's not so bad. I haven't been drunk in 15 years! You don't have to go out and drink in excess (or drink at all) to have a good time.

No tips for the OP except if you make eye contact with someone don't be afraid to say hello. It can't hurt.
Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Have a good time with your friends!
Great post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships