Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,744,584 times

Advertisements

If the guy is not looking for me, inviting me on dates, calling me and telling me I'm the only one for him, I conclude that he is not "that into me" At that point it's time for him or me to move on from that setting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,971,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
I think it's a no-brainer not to tell someone you're dating (and yes, that includes sleeping with) that you're seeing other people. In 99.9% of cases, it will drastically damage, if not end, your relationship with the person you tell it to. If they ask, it's definitely better to lie than to be honest, unless they're going to find out anyway.

It is behavior like this, and people that employ this attitude towards life that make dating so much more difficult than it should be.

So basically this post is saying the following:
I will see other people while we go out. I will lie about it. I will also potentially sleep with other people. I will definitely lie about that !

Different people have different ideas of dating. But at the end of the day, lying is never healthy. Especially when it comes to other people. This post leads me to believe that this individual uses people, and only thinks of the self. Especially with the bolded comment. This poster knows it is not viewed well by other potential dates, and yet they will continue to act accordingly to satisfy their needs/wants.
All the while, people try to take these kind of people seriously, and wind up getting burned.
Where do the people that keep getting burned by these liars ever get true and honest communication?
Players are gonna play.

And IRL, when someone is truely interested in taking another person serious, typically it happens pretty quickly. I can understand dating other people for some time, but if I personnaly find myself in a situation with someone that I want to be exclusive with, and they are still dating other people, I deduct that I am not what they are looking for, and I will not take that person serious. Hang out? sure. But I'll never treat you half as well as I would treat someone I care for.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 AM

176 posts, read 981,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If the guy is not looking for me, inviting me on dates, calling me and telling me I'm the only one for him, I conclude that he is not "that into me" At that point it's time for him or me to move on from that setting.

I would already conclude that he's not that into me by telling me "I'm also dating others" on the first date or while getting to know each other. Think about it.....we all know that people date to find the one or just to casually date so it's no reason to state the obvious. If he was really feeling me and probably had an idea that he would like to be with me in the future he wouldn't tell me "I'm dating others also" in fear of scaring me away. Asking where is this going or for a relationship would be too soon on the first date or the first few weeks so we would need more time to get to know each other but at the same time he wouldn't say anything to push me away.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:11 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,276,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
I would already conclude that he's not that into me by telling me "I'm also dating others" on the first date or while getting to know each other. Think about it.....we all know that people date to find the one or just to casually date so it's no reason to state the obvious. If he was really feeling me and probably had an idea that he would like to be with me in the future he wouldn't tell me "I'm dating others also" in fear of scaring me away. Asking where is this going or for a relationship would be too soon on the first date or the first few weeks so we would need more time to get to know each other but at the same time he wouldn't say anything to push me away.
Why do think that? Maybe he's just being up front and honest that he is dating other people. Don't assume anything or over think it. If you like him and enjoy his company then keep dating him. If you don't like the fact that he honestly told you that he's dating other people while seeing you then just stop seeing him. Maybe he's trying to find the right person who is most compatible with him.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:11 AM

Alot of people are misunderstanding the question and I apologize if I'm confusing some people.

This question is NOT about communication.

Of course if you are dating someone for some time now and if you want to know where you stand then yes communication is needed. But again this question is not about that.

My question/topic is: If you just met someone and they tell you "I'm dating others" wouldn't you see that as indirect rejection?

Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Maybe he's just being up front and honest that he is dating other people.
But why do you need to be upfront and honest about something that's obvious already???

Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,276,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
But why do you need to be upfront and honest about something that's obvious already???
How do you know it's obvious already?? And yes, your communications are hard to follow because it seems that no is giving you the answer you're looking for.

If I started seeing someone and on a first date he said to me, "oh, by the way, I'm dating other people too"...my response would be, "ok, cool. Thanks for being honest." End of story. I'm not going to waste time over thinking or investing much into anything when I don't even know what the guy is looking for.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 AM

249 posts, read 474,639 times
I would say it is indirect rejection because they are basically stating that my attention is divided and don't expect me to remember things about you specifically. It could be maybe you dont have all of the attributes I require to see exclusively.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,929,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If the guy is not looking for me, inviting me on dates, calling me and telling me I'm the only one for him, I conclude that he is not "that into me"

Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
I would say it is indirect rejection because they are basically stating that my attention is divided and don't expect me to remember things about you specifically. It could be maybe you dont have all of the attributes I require to see exclusively.
Exactly. I would take it as that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships