Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your romantic life (Scale 1-10)?
1 24 37.50%
2 4 6.25%
3 3 4.69%
4 3 4.69%
5 2 3.13%
6 2 3.13%
7 4 6.25%
8 5 7.81%
9 7 10.94%
10 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Are people similarly confused by the temperature?

Negative degrees? How can there be negative degrees???????!!!!!!
Ha, yeah. "I don't think there's a number low enough for how cold I feel, so I refuse to acknowledge society's system of measuring temperature."

"How was that tornado only an EF5? It was really big so it should have a bigger number than that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
(Spinal tap 11 video)
Beat ya to it 11 () posts earlier, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of that. The spirit of Nigel Tufnel apparently lives on in some of the posters on this thread.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:34 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
When its 0 Kelvin. That is also where the 3rd law of thermodynamics is derived from which is also used to derive statistical thermodynamics.

Lec 24 | MIT 5.60 Thermodynamics & Kinetics, Spring 2008 - YouTube

Go to the 35 min point.
<shudder> That course was fascinating, but almost my undoing.

Anyway, while I said 10 now, my first marriage was mostly a 1 or 2. "Lucky" me, having experienced both extremes! And of course those times when I had no relationship at all, which I suppose on this scale is a 1 - about the same as that first marriage. Hmm. Yeah, that's about right.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Beat ya to it 11 () posts earlier, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of that. The spirit of Nigel Tufnel apparently lives on in some of the posters on this thread.

That'll teach me to read threads backwards.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Personally i don't care for scales.

1 isn't a number that describes my romantic life, since it's non-existent, so it can't be a 1.

Also, my left shift key sometimes doesn't work. This kind of irks me.
Further reiterating that you don't understand how this scale works. If you were in an exam with a question that you HAD to put an answer, would you go up to the teacher and say: These numbers don't describe my romantic life?

Old 05-31-2013, 03:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,195 times
I voted 6. Things are pretty good now but they sucked in high school and college. I feel that with time, it'll probably go up to 8 or 9, but there's still much to do on this earth. I'm 26, yet I can count the people I've slept with on one hand (only 5), the ones I've had good sex with (only 2), and there has been only one truly good relationship so far. Still I should be so grateful those numbers aren't zero. For many people even my age one of those numbers often still is zero.

Even though that good relationship is the one I'm in right now, I don't feel like I've found my "life partner" yet (great as this person is), and I'm skeptical that I'm the type of person who's even capable of having that. I'm actually a bit concerned about my ability to hold down any relationship for the long term. I kinda just want to be a huge s-l-u-t and get it out of my system first; that's what college should've been, but it wasn't. So now I'm sort of stuck getting into serious relationships, knowing full well this feeling of needing to "experience the world" is going to force me to break a few hearts before I'm finally in the mood to settle down.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:12 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
So now I'm sort of stuck getting into serious relationships, knowing full well this feeling of needing to "experience the world" is going to force me to break a few hearts before I'm finally in the mood to settle down.
Not to go OT or anything, but the quoted portion above is one reason I have always personally believed that men and women should ideally get into serious relationships and marry when they are younger, not older. Marrying a life partner at say 22-24 rather than 30-35, for example...JMHO though...I mean, why should a guy have to wait to get married at 30+ if he can already potentially meet and marry Ms. Right at 24?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I mean, why should a guy have to wait to get married at 30+ if he can already potentially meet and marry Ms. Right at 24?
Gee, I dunno, maybe because he can have another decade of fun and freedom, and a lower chance of divorce when he does get married?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Gee, I dunno, maybe because he can have another decade of fun and freedom, and a lower chance of divorce when he does get married?
Those are all certainly valid points, if that is the priority of the individual guy in question. I am not disagreeing with the idea that the guy should act in his own best interest. Please keep in mind though, the priority of another type of guy might be to have and be able to spend an extra decade with the woman that he loves...having the love of that special person, 10 years earlier rather than later, could also be a potential priority, depending on the specific guy's emotional needs

Old 05-31-2013, 04:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not to go OT or anything, but the quoted portion above is one reason I have always personally believed that men and women should ideally get into serious relationships and marry when they are younger, not older. Marrying a life partner at say 22-24 rather than 30-35, for example...JMHO though...I mean, why should a guy have to wait to get married at 30+ if he can already potentially meet and marry Ms. Right at 24?
I think it depends on the couple. My parents got married right out of high school and they're still married. For me, however, I've changed SO MUCH since I was in my early 20s that if I had been married I can almost guarantee I'd be divorced by now. My priorities have shifted, my personality has changed and I really have become a more mature person. I don't know many 22-24 year olds that are mature enough to hold on to a career much less a husband or wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships