Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your romantic life (Scale 1-10)?
1 24 37.50%
2 4 6.25%
3 3 4.69%
4 3 4.69%
5 2 3.13%
6 2 3.13%
7 4 6.25%
8 5 7.81%
9 7 10.94%
10 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,687,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Men have to be the proactive ones. So generally if a man doesn't go out and approach women he has no shot, I mean no women are going to go out of there way and approach you anyway. Women don't have to do anything but just go out in public and put themselves in social situations
Yes, this is true. Which is why women have it easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,324,684 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I didn't vote because there's no "0" option.

I agree and I did not vote either. When conducting a poll one must consider all of the possibilities. 0 and -1 seem very reasonable to me as well as a +10.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 05-31-2013, 06:13 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,092,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I am curious to hear how satisfied people are with their romantic pursuits. In other words, how well does you romantic life measure up to the idealized version in your mind? If you are particularly satisfied or particularly disheartened, I'd like to hear your reasoning.
I don't really have an "idealized version" in my mind. Every relationship is different, good and bad about them all. However, I voted a 9, based on the fact that I am have had several good relationships and am happy in my current one, and unless something really awful happens, I think we'll be each other's last partner.

(And a 9 rather than a 10, because I am so independent that sometimes I just want to be by myself! )

Old 05-31-2013, 06:22 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,541,963 times
when i was in LTR with the love of my life, i would have voted 8 in the best moments (maybe 9), 2 in my worst moments, average would be around 5.

Now that im single i rate it a 10

Old 05-31-2013, 06:30 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,205,402 times
I voted "1". Never have had a romantic life but that is because i believed myself to be unlovable for many years even though i had several women friends. Yet i was 40 pounds overweight and deemed myself to be homely. I have come to understand the irrationality of my thinking. I also know how to deal with these negative thoughts when they occaisionally arise. I now believe myself to be decent looking. I get checked out, eye contact, smiled at, etc. In NYC when on a photoshoots. I wish i got the same at home. As for approaching women, i never have because i believed no woman would want to be approached by me. I was recently advised that thinking this way was lying to myself. After some thought i came to the conclusion this was correct. After all women liked me when i was fat and homely so why not now? That some of these ladies didn't become girlfriends was my own fault due to my negative thinking. I do not blame women for my singleness one iota. As for who has it easier in dating, i have no idea. I have seen both sides struggle. There are some men and women who find it easy and some men and women who don't. All this finger pointing and resentment gets us nowhere. Anyway, in closing i hope i am going in the right direction and happiness is the light i see at the end of a very long tunnel.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,924,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I voted 8. There is always room for improvement IMO !
I voted 9 for the same reason, even though my initial instinct was to vote 10. I see that several people had no problem voting 10, though.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,759,874 times
Considering I have no romantic life, I guess it would be a one since there's no zero.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,924,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
I agree and I did not vote either.
Many of you apparently don't understand what "scale of one to ten" means. It means one is the worst.

So if 0 or -1 (or -5,000 or 49 or the square root of 3 or 9/16 or pi) is the worst on whatever scale you are using, that is the same as 1 on this scale.

If you are as dissatisfied as you could possibly be with your romantic life, your answer to this poll is 1.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,811,415 times
I put down a 1 because I don't have a romantic life right now so I am not satisfied at all (all I have is my one way interest in a man who sees himself as my friend--I think. I don't know. He's confusing to me.). But I am still hopeful I will find someone. It's just not easy, but you know what they say... the best things in life aren't necessarily easy.

Ask me again when I find a good man who loves me and whom I love. I bet I will say a 9 or something (not a 10 because I don't expect perfection).

Last edited by jillabean; 05-31-2013 at 07:43 AM..

Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,811,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Maybe so, but women in general do have it easier than men do.
It's easy if I want to date

1) A man who lied and is actually married
2) A man who insulted me, called me old and then tried to stick his tongue down my throat
3) A man who thinks the world is going to end soon and has a stockpile of weapons, medications, food, etc in a secret bunker
4) Hooked up with some random guy in the street with who knows what kind of STDs

Quantity of men asking one out doesn't equal quality. I rather be asked out less by the ones I listed. I suppose you could say at least I am being asked, and yes, that's good. But it's a lot of bad dates to filter though to find a good man. I think it's harder for a man to ask out a woman, but at least with that approach you get to choose and in that regard, you trade more opportunities to date with less, but potentially higher quality dates.

I did get to go out with one very nice man in that time. But it turned out he already was in temporary housing and was leaving for Afghanistan for several years (works for the State Department). So that wasn't really a potential romantic relationship. But we did have a very nice date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships