Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pursue a single woman who chose this route
Yes, As long as shes otherwise normal, No problem 11 44.00%
No, Not my cup of tea 11 44.00%
Other 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM

29,764 posts, read 34,474,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Even if I did date single mothers, I would be hesitant to date a AI mother. She has show that she doesn't care for her kids to have a father in her life. She has shown she basically thinks the father is useless part of a childs upbringing. So why would I have a kid with a mother with those viewpoints? I'd much rather prefer a single mother who was divorced.
Or she just decided that she wanted to be a mother so badly that she wasn't willing to wait. Most women who go the AI route get their ducks in a row first and are financially secure and have adequate family support. They make sure that grandfathers and uncles and cousins are involved. Bottom line is that the child is wanted and planned, not just an accident she has to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
No. But then again, I wouldn't have anything other than a FWB with a woman who had kids.
Any self respecting decent mother would avoid you at all cost!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,579,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I think every women wants their child to have a father but getting pregnant by a guy does not mean your child will have a father in their life.........I'm an example of that.
If you wanted a father in your kids life, you should have married a man and had a kid that way after you vetted him on his potential as a father.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
If you wanted a father in your kids life, you should have married a man and had a kid that way after you vetted him on his potential as a father.
True, however my child was not planned or expected and with 12 years of friendship and dating for me that meant something.

If a parent does not want to be in a child's life they won't be regardless if they're married or not!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,925,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's an odd question. It seems to imply that an artificial type of conception might make a woman less desirable
Yep, that's exactly what I found odd about it. I know the OP will say, "Yeah, but that's why I asked," but just the fact that he thought it even needed to be asked is odd, I think.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,815,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Years ago I considered being an egg donor and ultimately decided against it partly because of that. I would always wonder if I had a biological child and it would depress me especially if I never had a child.
My issue with donating eggs was they have been opening closed adoption files. It's one thing to help out a stranger. And I don't mind giving my family medical history. But my privacy would be important.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I have no problems dating single mothers, and I share this view to a point. If the woman "really" has the viewpoint that a "father is worthless" than why should I date her? That would imply she would also think that her own father was worthless

In the case of the woman I work with and most women I imagine, it's more a case of running out of time combined with not finding an eligible man. This, I am fine with.
That is probably the norm in these situations. I would be suprised to hear about a ton of 20-something women going for AI or IVF, etc. One of the women I worked with took this route. She didn't have anyone in her life and she was in her late 30s. She's a PhD scientist who earns in the 6 figures and will no doubt provide a good life for her twin boys 100 fold compared to millions of children conceived by accident. With that said, it's likely that these type of women are not in the available dating pool for many men in this thread and on this forum.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM

31,131 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I think every women wants their child to have a father but getting pregnant by a guy does not mean your child will have a father in their life.........I'm an example of that.
So true, but your situation doesn't apply to this post. This is just about AI.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
I wouldn't, only because I don't believe in women choosing to have children without fathers.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So true, but your situation doesn't apply to this post. This is just about AI.
I really don't think I would do AI.

I think a father has a huge role to play in a child's life IF he is a good father. I would not intensionally demean the significants of a fathers role in a child's life by choosing AI unless I saw it as my only option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships