Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pursue a single woman who chose this route
Yes, As long as shes otherwise normal, No problem 11 44.00%
No, Not my cup of tea 11 44.00%
Other 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I really don't think I would do AI.

I think a father has a huge role to play in a child's life IF he is a good father. I would not intensionally demean the significants of a fathers role in a child's life by choosing AI unless I saw it as my only option.
Good post.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 02:50 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,276,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good post.

Thank you

Just speaking for experience as I have a wonderful father who has played a massive role in my upbringing. I would say at least 50/50. And I have a son who's father is absent and it's not something I would have choosen as I know how significant a fathers role is.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:07 PM

31,285 posts, read 22,279,140 times
Quote:
Thank you

Just speaking for experience as I have a wonderful father who has played a massive role in my upbringing. I would say at least 50/50. And I have a son who's father is absent and it's not something I would have choosen as I know how significant a fathers role is.
Touche', I already knew that you had a great dad from the way you talked about him previously. I'm sure there's some people that have never experienced a really good dad, or for that matter a really good mom? Kind of sad, but it explains a lot of the disatisfaction in some of the Posts here.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,006,746 times
A kid is a kid, so no I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to deal with a kid

Old 05-31-2013, 06:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,790,364 times
My only concern would be the fact that she has a child, because I'm absolutely terrible with kids. If she told me how the child was conceived, my first thought would probably be "Wow, isn't it expensive to do that?"

Old 06-01-2013, 03:21 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,834 times
I'd say "single mother" with artificial insemination is GENERALLY a better option than a conventional "single mom", if you talk about the mother of same age. She probably has better economical situation (or she might not, due to money spent on it, but still, she saved her money to do it), she's more of a family type, obviously. There isn't the father on the birth certificate not because he ran away but because she wanted children and she had nobody to have them with.
However, here are same obligations around the child, so this means only people who were into children and family are going to be interested anyways.

Bad thing is, in my opinion, the fact that "single mother via AI" is probably too old to have any more children, or she generally falls under same conditions like other "old women" with that regard. She's probably single not because she couldn't find a match but because she lost any hope of finding one before she runs out of time with her "biological clock". This means that only "merging families" is an option, NOT seeking someone who plans to have children, especially not someone who's childless. We aren't talking about a 22 y/o woman who does AI, let's get real.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
I would if I was a lesbian.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Thank you

If I recall, you're a fairly young women, mid late 20's... anyways it's nice to hear someone in your age group acknowledge the importance of fathers.

I think if a woman has a baby thru AI.... it just comes off as selfish to me.. I know that sounds "judgy" I just look at the world with all of the kids that need to be adopted and she's bring in a child that right off of the bat might have less of a chance just because it's a less than ideal situation. I'm just talking generalities here so I don't women to get pissed off..

Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 PM

219 posts, read 437,133 times
DOODES! If you keep coming up with these bizarre, bogus excuses for crossing women off your list, you're going to miss out on some serious bliss! No biggie, more for Zorba!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,867,001 times
Quote:
Why does it matter how she got pregnant?
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships