Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 PM

78 posts, read 230,836 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I met a girl who really seems to like me, in some ways i'm not even sure why. I like her a lot too.

I'm having difficulty deciding whether to call her back, text her, etc and how to do it.

I also want to delay seeing here for at least 3 weeks for personal reasons, and need a good excuse on how to do that.

Maybe i'm an idiot, but i have some difficulty on the whole asking her out, etc. To complicate things further she lives 4 hours away.

She seems to find me a bit mysterious. Should i keep conversation to a minimum or kill the mystery by letting her get to know me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
Hello,

I met a girl who really seems to like me, in some ways i'm not even sure why. I like her a lot too.

I'm having difficulty deciding whether to call her back, text her, etc and how to do it.

I also want to delay seeing here for at least 3 weeks for personal reasons, and need a good excuse on how to do that.

Maybe i'm an idiot, but i have some difficulty on the whole asking her out, etc. To complicate things further she lives 4 hours away.

She seems to find me a bit mysterious. Should i keep conversation to a minimum or kill the mystery by letting her get to know me?

If you want to keep her, but not see her for 3 weeks... talk to her and keep in contact for those 3 weeks and tell her you can't go out for a little while due to personal reasons.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM

102,325 posts, read 108,528,905 times
On the first date (once you get there), ask her about herself. Listen to what she says, and ask more questions. Share a little about yourself. Back and forth, like that. DO NOT monopolize the conversation. The purpose of the date is so both people can get to know each other. You can't get to know her if you're doing all the talking. On the other hand, if you're too quiet, she can't get to know you. It's a balance.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,023,145 times
Quote:
If you don't tell her the real reason now, she will probably dump you when she finds out you misled her (or dump you right away if you just say personal reasons'). You would be demonstrating that you don't trust her, and that she cannot trust you.

By the time 3 weeks pass, she will have different boyfriend, unless you have given her a good reason to wait.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:11 PM

111 posts, read 224,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
You can always plan something in advance without specifying that you need to do personal things for the next three weeks (unprompted that just sounds weird). This is probably easier than if she lived a half hour away. However, I'd suggest having something specific to do, not just "hey, let's hang out on July 21st," because I'd be wondering why someone needed to plan general hanging out three weeks in advance.

Quote:
No. Just let the conversation flow naturally. You don't have to give her super detailed answers to everything, but you want to talk enough that she feels like it's a conversation and not an interrogation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships