Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,310,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTrust85 View Post
Now that I think about it, that would be a sort of a miracle, and I could sure use a miracle right now.

So DNA tests along with a second opinion, right?
I say talking to your wife ASAP is your only option right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,161 times
He has good reasone to be suspicious, and it's sufficiently serious that it will almost certainly affect his behavior, but he also realizes he needs confirmation before making accusations or decisions. He can ask his wife using his existing test results as the reason for questioning, and knowing that he will surely want to obtain proof, she may tell him the truth.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,405,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
He has good reasone to be suspicious, and it's sufficiently serious that it will almost certainly affect his behavior, but he also realizes he needs confirmation before making accusations or decisions. He can ask his wife using his existing test results as the reason for questioning, and knowing that he will surely want to obtain proof, she may tell him the truth.
I think what people are objecting to here is not that he is suspicious but that his first assumption is that his wife cheated.

Here's the thing, OP: What will happen if you move forward under the assumption that your wife cheated before you get the DNA test done?

I'll tell you what will happen. If your wife didn't cheat and those kids are yours, she's going to wash her hands of you. So proceed very carefully or you're going to implode your family - and it could very well be for nothing.

So stop wallowing in self-pity and investigate DNA tests.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,623,856 times
Quote:
Now that I think about it, that would be a sort of a miracle, and I could sure use a miracle right now.

So DNA tests along with a second opinion, right?
Do the DNA in secret.

If baby #1 isn't yours, high tail it outta that marriage.

Definitely don't resort to any sort of violence, no need to ruin your life.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I still don't understand why you are determined to believe that your wife has been unfaithful? Why does that seem like the preferable outcome to you, compared to the possiblity of a potentially sketchy semen analysis being inaccurate?

You just seem very determined to grasp onto the worst possible outcome and embrace it as truth without investigating further. What has your wife done to you that you so quick to envision her as metaphorically poisoning you, and why in God's name would you ever have married somebody whom you are so inclined to distrust?
I am not sensing much love for the wife either, since he suggested they were just acquaintances when they married.

I am giving low odds on this marriage surviving, regardless of the outcome of the testing, due to trust issues and disordered thinking on the part of the OP.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,579,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I think what people are objecting to here is not that he is suspicious but that his first assumption is that his wife cheated.
It should be. The odds are higher that his wife cheated than having a miracle birth.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,717,322 times
Quote:
For those who don't know:

Fertility treatment. Most men with Klinefelter syndrome are unable to father children, because no sperm are produced in the testicles. Some men with Klinefelter syndrome may have some minimal sperm production.

-From Mayo Clinic.
This doesn't really make any sense. I've gone through IVF with my wife. The first thing they do is test your sperm for both quality and count. If you were infertile this would have raised a red flag with them immediately and the clinic would have informed both you and your wife. Every time I did the fill up the cup thing I was given a count and a quality report. The procedure was the same at all three clinics we dealt with.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
This doesn't really make any sense. I've gone through IVF with my wife. The first thing they do is test your sperm for both quality and count. If you were infertile this would have raised a red flag with them immediately and the clinic would have informed both you and your wife. Every time I did the fill up the cup thing I was given a count and a quality report. The procedure was the same at all three clinics we dealt with.
I suspect he never had any sperm count tests and is relying on Dr Google for his diagnosis.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,560,917 times
I'd go on the theory that the kids are yours since the condition doesn't necessarily mean you're sterile. I believe you're considered sterile if your sperm count is below a certain amount, which doesn't mean you and your wife can't conceive. I'd be more concerned for the kids and I'd have them tested for the condition. Of course, if the above theory is incorrect, you'll find this out when the kids are tested. I'd let your wife know about the results and that you're going to get a second opinion. Bring up that the kids need to be tested at some point. I'd only suspect if she balks at this request. Some people don't want to know any bad news, which can explain some hesitancy.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am not sensing much love for the wife either, since he suggested they were just acquaintances when they married.

I am giving low odds on this marriage surviving, regardless of the outcome of the testing, due to trust issues and disordered thinking on the part of the OP.
Right. He just doesn't like his wife.

If you want out OP, I suggest you file for divorce BEFORE you ask for paternity testing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships