Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,723,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post

But OP didn't mention fertility clinics at all, no reason to think they went that route. Lots of folks don't get tested from fear of finding they're impotent/unable.
From one of the OPs first posts :

Basically my wife has announced that she was pregnant with our second child after months of trying. I went to a fertility clinic shortly before that and the results that came back this morning were that I was sterile from birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,625,716 times
wow my apologies

Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,816,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
So, here's something that doesn't make sense:

You're apparently seeing a fertility doctor, although to outward appearances, you've already fathered a child.
Presumably your wife is aware that you're going thru a fertility workup, since generally couples get to go through that simultaneously. (I find it hard to believe a woman would risk infidelity when she and her partner were going thru a fertility workup.)

From my understanding, the first thing fertility clinics do, after verifying your insurance, is send the man off for a specimen so they can do a sperm count. Was there ever an issue in the past with a low sperm count?
Another oddity: The couple has been married for 3 years and have one child and another on the way. That does not suggest any problems that would raise alarms even in a case of secondary infertility.

And why would they do a complicated genetic test on him prior to a simple sperm count test? The costs are vastly different...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM

19 posts, read 17,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Another oddity: The couple has been married for 3 years and have one child and another on the way. That does not suggest any problems that would raise alarms even in a case of secondary infertility.

And why would they do a complicated genetic test on him prior to a simple sperm count test? The costs are vastly different...

Curiouser and curiouser...
Doc suspected Klinefelters. That's why I said apparently. He said he'll do more testing to confirm.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,903,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTrust85 View Post
Doc suspected Klinefelters. That's why I said apparently. He said he'll do more testing to confirm.
Who used the words "sterile from birth"....I can guarantee that is not on any official test you have had done?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Who used the words "sterile from birth"....I can guarantee that is not on any official test you have had done?
Guess I wasn't really being rational.

Hard to think in that state of mind.

Tests are being done now though. I will find out later.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,903,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTrust85 View Post
Guess I wasn't really being rational.

Hard to think in that state of mind.

Tests are being done now though. I will find out later.
Are you going to have DNA testing done on your children...that would be the first step before leaping to conclusions about your wife.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Are you going to have DNA testing done on your children...that would be the first step before leaping to conclusions about your wife.
Only if I turn out to be infertile.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:17 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,693,295 times
I'm picturing a doctor like the one from Family Guy. Hands him a paper and says, "guess what buddy, you've been shooting blanks!"

Last edited by Adhom; 06-03-2013 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: .

Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,819,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
It should be. The odds are higher that his wife cheated than having a miracle birth.
You should be able to trust your spouse. I had the UTI from hell that would not go away. Dr kept prescribing anti-biotics at first. Then decided I had some STD. I insisted it wasn't because I've only been with my husband in over a decade. Dr was patronizing and said my SO probably hadn't been faithful. I went ahead with the testing and they came back clean. It was just an unusual strain of UTI that wasn't responding to the first few prescriptions.

At no point did I assume that my husband had slept with someone else and infected me with something. If you trust your spouse, your first assumption just isn't that they cheated on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships