Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,342,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
How much of yourself do you invest in texting? I can't think of a better low cost, superficial means of communication on which to build a relationship, except for the internet.

You get what you pay for.
When I was in a relationship, texting was vital. He and I lived far apart, and on top of that, I work nights 3x a week, so I can't go out or do anything. Texting was all we had and we were able to keep our relationship afloat when we couldn't physically be together. We were able to build and maintain a connection that way. But, I know texting isn't for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,531,254 times
Personally I think it is nice to get a little text asking how your day is going, or something along that line. Men on the otherhand do not always think this is the case. I think you will just have to gauge how he responds to you when you do that and go from there.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Personally I think it is nice to get a little text asking how your day is going, or something along that line. Men on the otherhand do not always think this is the case. I think you will just have to gauge how he responds to you when you do that and go from there.
So yesterday I texted him and he texted me back as soon as he read it (he has his Read Receipts on), but he didn't text me further and I didn't text him today because I was busy but also because I didn't want to be too pushy. He didn't text me either :/

But, we're supposed to make weekend plans tomorrow, so I guess we'll see how it goes

Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,952,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Every guy is different.

I like the constant communication. Even if it's something random...I've been told I can be "overbearing" when it comes to that because I'll text you with tidbits of useless information, because I'm thinking about it and want you to be involved in that in some way.

More importantly, do what you feel is comfortable.
"Be yourself. You can't be anybody else."

Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I *do* really like this guy, but, I feel like I need to be fair and give the other people I'm dating a chance as well. I haven't been on more than 2 dates with anyone besides the guy I'm talking about in this thread, so it's really to early to tell about the other men.

I'm not "stringing along" anyone, I've been very honest and open about my intentions. It's all men I've met from a dating site, so they know I'm dating others and I know that they are, too.
You The Bachelorette ? Most of them don't end up married to the guy they pick.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Fair? Are you really on The Bachelorette and you don't want the audience to hate you? Just go with the one you like and ditch anyone else who may be great guys but didn't come at the right time. Or do you subconsciously not want to commit so you tell yourself you are just being fair by dating all comers even though you found one you like?
Blimey, you beat me to it.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
"Be yourself. You can't be anybody else."
This might be good advice for someone who's not impulsive and who doesn't make bad decisions when acting on impulse. I'm impulsive and if I acted on every feeling I've ever had, I would have no job, no friends and no place to live, lol.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
When I was in a relationship, texting was vital. He and I lived far apart, and on top of that, I work nights 3x a week, so I can't go out or do anything. Texting was all we had and we were able to keep our relationship afloat when we couldn't physically be together. We were able to build and maintain a connection that way. But, I know texting isn't for everyone.
txtng sux

Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Note to self: Do not text Davros. lol

Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
So yesterday I texted him and he texted me back as soon as he read it (he has his Read Receipts on), but he didn't text me further and I didn't text him today because I was busy but also because I didn't want to be too pushy. He didn't text me either :/

But, we're supposed to make weekend plans tomorrow, so I guess we'll see how it goes
Sounds like you're doing it right by "being yourself".

Try to learn to relax a little bit and not be so hard on yourself.

Often relationships don't work. It's not your fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships