Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:40 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,342,408 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I have a question for C-D.

I'm dating this guy and we have gone on 4 dates and talked about possibly seeing each other more often (and still seeing other people), how much attention is too much attention via text during the day or at night? I ask because I think short texts like "I hope you're having an awesome day!" are fun to get/receive, BUT, I don't want his thinking I'm pursuing too much or pressuring him to text or anything like that.

What do you all think?

Do you think the woman should take a more passive role when keeping up communication during the week? Ideally, it should be equal, but is it ok for the woman to initiate? When I say "ok" what I mean is do guys find that a turnoff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,690,744 times
If he likes you, he'll enjoy it.

If he doesn't, he'll call you a clingy stalker.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,684,471 times
Every guy is different.

I like the constant communication. Even if it's something random...I've been told I can be "overbearing" when it comes to that because I'll text you with tidbits of useless information, because I'm thinking about it and want you to be involved in that in some way.

More importantly, do what you feel is comfortable.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If he likes you, he'll enjoy it.

If he doesn't, he'll call you a clingy stalker.
haha, point taken

If this guy is conflicted about me vs the other people he's dating, do you think this kind of attention could set me apart in a good way. Like, "Hey, this girl is taking time to text hello to me", and that will give me an edge over my competition?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Every guy is different.

I like the constant communication. Even if it's something random...I've been told I can be "overbearing" when it comes to that because I'll text you with tidbits of useless information, because I'm thinking about it and want you to be involved in that in some way.

More importantly, do what you feel is comfortable.
Yeah, I feel the same way.

When I'm not super busy, I like to text a little. But, I don't want to come across as overbearing or be burdensome.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:48 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,692,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Hi everyone I have a question for C-D.

I'm dating this guy and we have gone on 4 dates and talked about possibly seeing each other more often (and still seeing other people), how much attention is too much attention via text during the day or at night? I ask because I think short texts like "I hope you're having an awesome day!" are fun to get/receive, BUT, I don't want his thinking I'm pursuing too much or pressuring him to text or anything like that.

What do you all think?

Do you think the woman should take a more passive role when keeping up communication during the week? Ideally, it should be equal, but is it ok for the woman to initiate? When I say "ok" what I mean is do guys find that a turnoff?
From what I can tell from your post, you really like this guy but you have been burned before so you are very risk adverse. My suggestion is you either go with your heart, cut loose the other guys you have stringing along as a safety net, free fall and hope you land on the next love in your life, or wait around for the one who can make you feel 100% safe and excited at the same time.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:48 PM

523 posts, read 841,843 times
Personally, I hate this constant communication by text. To me it's annoying and seems like everyone wants to be joined at the hips these days after 2 dates. I probably feel this way though because texting never existed when I was younger. I guess it's different for people who like or grew up with texting.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,690,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
haha, point taken

If this guy is conflicted about me vs the other people he's dating, do you think this kind of attention could set me apart in a good way. Like, "Hey, this girl is taking time to text hello to me", and that will give me an edge over my competition?
It could...but if he's on the fence with you and you send him 'cutesy' texts he could think you're clingy and not be as interested.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,180,938 times
After 4 dates, I would suggest you NOT overdo it. 1, maybe 2, texts during the day just to say hi. Otherwise, I think hell find it too much.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,990,151 times
Just give him some if he responds then respond back. If he doesn't. He's busy. Or doing something with friends. Or laughing at you. Lol J/k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships