Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:54 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,877 times

Advertisements

Lesbians hit on me CONSTANTLY. I've had several people try and set me up with their lesbian friends.

I roll with it when they want to dance or talk in public, but I always let them know I don't swing that way. I have fun with it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I'd seriously be flattered. I'm annoyed a lesbian hasn't hit on my yet!
Yes, you might like it, but just imagine this - you are a straight woman, you look like a 6'6" giant with man-looking face/body or certain traits, you work in the fire department... and you get hit on by a girly lesbian

Some things might be hilarious and flattering, or they might be just another hit in your dating life. I doubt that the OP would find it interesting if he saw a transsexual/butch lesbian hitting on him and arranging a date.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:17 PM

911 posts, read 2,599,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
This topic sounds like such a difference of what most guys speak around. They generally say that it's them who generally have to make the first move and that women would generally use different tactics like visiting their profiles or sending them a buzz, but never messaging first.

Maybe the girl is bisexual (not lesbian) or you look more like a woman and she finds it acceptable. It's very known that many lesbians hit on men who look like women and that certain guys find that quite disturbing or hilarious, depending on circumstances, i.e. how she looks like.
Just imagine a short-haired and tallish or transsexual lesbian hitting on a short, chubby guy with more feminine-looking breasts HOROR

I guess that's the same effect upon straight women though, if a lesbian who seeks for a butch type partner hits on straight women by messaging, visiting their profile, buzzing or by some other way, it'd also depend on circumstances. They might find it hilarious if they do get hit by a butch type, but they might be freaked out if the shy girly lesbian seeks for a "man-alike" woman (tall, muscular, loud, boxer, etc)... and then they go like: "wth, I'm not looking like a guy/butch you freak, leave me alone!"

Other words - it's more about their ego. A guy likes the notion that he can seduce girly lesbians, but he might freak out if the lesbian isn't really what he might brag about.

LOL theres that many 6'1'' bearded lumberjacks around that look like women? haah i've never been confused for a chick.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 AM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
LOL theres that many 6'1'' bearded lumberjacks around that look like women? haah i've never been confused for a chick.
Picture evidence required

Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
i missed this opportunity several years ago because I was in a relationship.

If a lesbian hit on me now, I would go and turn her straight.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i missed this opportunity several years ago because I was in a relationship.

If a lesbian hit on me now, I would go and turn her straight.
If thats the case she would probably be Bi

Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
Some lesbians are not 100% lesbian 100% of the time. Some do go "bi" now and then.

If it doesn't bother you, why not? I would meet her whether or not it went anywhere, as I'm always interested in new people and the opportunity to learn about something outside my usual experience.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Some lesbians are not 100% lesbian 100% of the time. Some do go "bi" now and then.

If it doesn't bother you, why not? I would meet her whether or not it went anywhere, as I'm always interested in new people and the opportunity to learn about something outside my usual experience.
I would just say they were always Bi then, even though the media really loves to play up the 'L' word like you can turn it on and off.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I'd be pretty surprised actually.....

Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 PM

911 posts, read 2,599,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls jaun View Post
picture evidence required
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships