Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM

227 posts, read 421,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
How old were you and him?
I was 19, and he was 25 in graduate school. Considering I was still inexperienced, and he probably was very sexually experienced at the time. And for the other poster..nope they have been together for about 6 years, and they are not married. That definitely doesn't work for me. He actually contacted me about 2 years ago expressing interest in "seeing" me even though he was with her at the time. I was very annoyed that he did it, but I guess that kicked him off of the pedestal I put him on too. We really don't speak with each other, but regardless I dodged a bullet anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 AM

175 posts, read 276,291 times
Yes, the girl I mentioned in this thread here.https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...onal-girl.html

There's more to it than what I put in the thread, but in a nut shell:

Met her 9 years ago and instantly liked her. Eventually got her number and asked her out...only to find she didn't realise it was a date or that I liked her as she met with and made out with her bf on our "date". She moved away and apart from sporadic texts never saw each other for 3 years, after I saw her again I stupidly text her telling I liked her and she told me she was flattered but seeing someone. The biggest regret of my life with woman followed after this: on a night out when she was boozy she came up to me, put her arms round me, dragged me onto a chair sat on my lap and asked: "So, who are you making out with tonight?" She's normally so quiet & shy, and given I'd asked her out and she said no I was so taken aback and shocked all I could stutter was "I'm not sure, you?" She walked off and when I finally realised she was coming on to me it was too late: she was making out with someone else.

Some more random meet ups and texting over the years before we get to the point that linked thread above starts. Out for food & drinks in January & I finally thought "this is it!" Had an amazing night, so much in common, have such a good laugh and get on so well......but I bottled going for the kiss and everything has been downhill ever since.

Decided I'm going to meet up with her one last time to give myself the closure in my head of saying goodbye to her, delete her number and try & move on. But it pains me to think what could have happened if I'd not been such a wimp that night she came onto me, or I hadn't bottled making a move earlier this year. Really sucks to think what could have been

Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,788,712 times
Default Couldnt Resist

Just found this dong perfect for this tread, even if i dont like a lot of country music.

Jake Owen - The One That Got Away - YouTube

Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM

840 posts, read 1,151,722 times
I hope he stays the hell away.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,768,211 times
There are a few i still think about, one in particular - a beautiful red head from the mountains in Colorado. Her dad was a rancher. It was a fairy book romance at age 21. But i was a heavy drinker and she wanted a lot more emotional and financial security than I could give her.

She's happily married (for 45+ years) to wonderful man who also happens to have a lot of money and is a successful died-in- the-wool cattle rancher; has a large family and lives just across the road from her childhood home. She's still beautiful.

She's happy and I'm happy. I'm still not rich, but I don't drink and I have a wonderful relationship with a Danish girl I met 15 or so years ago.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 PM

Is it better to love and loss, then to never love?

Old 06-16-2013, 03:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,667,557 times
I have two that got away and not just one. It's too painful to talk about either of them. It's been several years and I have yet to find anyone who compares to them and I'm very afraid that I never will.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I have two that got away and not just one. It's too painful to talk about either of them. It's been several years and I have yet to find anyone who compares to them and I'm very afraid that I never will.

Keep your head up, think positive and be patient. it will happen.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Is it better to love and loss, then to never love?
Yes, especially if it was mutual love.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes, especially if it was mutual love.

No argument here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships