Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:56 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,477,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Rayne View Post
Perhaps that's because there are too many males that think the same as you and we have given up on the notion that there just may be a few (or absolutely none) romantic men out there. Lord knows I have!
I was always (well... not always but an older gentleman pulled my coat tail to this) persuaded that men are the more romantic of the two sexes.

In general--there are exceptions for both sexes--I think men are the romancers and women are the critics.

Analogous to men being the novelists and artists and women being the literary critics and art critics.

Consider that men are generally the composers of love songs praising women. Consider that contemporary female singers are far more often than their male peers criticizing and putting down the opposite sex.

I was told--I never researched it to find out how true it is--that most romance novels bought by women are authored by men that go under a female pen-name to sell their books.

I would hazard a guess most poetry composed glorifying the opposite sex are composed by men.

Of course, when it comes to music you also have male and female duos that put out romance songs.

Such as:

Rick James & Teena Marie - Fire and Desire - YouTube

Fire (Babyface & Des'ree) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:23 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,816,771 times
Supine - I've noticed my husband and men I've dated are more romantic than me. I know I'm particularly unromantic for a woman given that I just dislike a lot of romantic gestures (I'm always polite) but studies have come up with the same results.

Dr. Terri Orbuch: Are Men More Romantic Than Women?

I believe love is a chemical reaction in our bodies and if we want the feeling to continue, we must nurture these relationships. My husband says he fell in love at first sight. I think he probably smoked something before our first class together and forgot all about it. But that's sweet anyway.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,773,694 times
Default How about?

Cleaning the house, making a candlelight dinner, after make a fire on the fireplace. Just talk ect thru the night. Romantic ladies or not?

Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,071,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Are you serious? Poor girl.
I was thinking the same thing! I love romance, even thinking maybe I should look into how to romance a guy. But although I think the OPs kisses on the floor idea is really cute , it IS the real stuff that counts even if someone is not romantic. The post OP is commenting on said romance to her is proving he cares. (the OP clearly doesn't agree "are you serious? Poor girl.") It is guys. It really is. Real stuff over romance but I'll take the romance too thank you

Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,234,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I walk up to a hottie, pick her up, look her deep in her eyes and say "should we go make babies?"

forget romantic, young beautiful girls want nothing to do with romantic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Women baffled me when I was younger and had low level of success with them = thought of them as many foolish guys on CDR do. Today I know them all too well. Inside and out, like taking candy from the baby.
Have the strong feeling that this gentleman faces a bleak future with the opposite sex. After he goes through all the tramps and those with little or no self esteeem, and the decent women shun him, will likely find himself quite lonely.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I was thinking the same thing! I love romance, even thinking maybe I should look into how to romance a guy. But although I think the OPs kisses on the floor idea is really cute , it IS the real stuff that counts even if someone is not romantic. The post OP is commenting on said romance to her is proving he cares. (the OP clearly doesn't agree "are you serious? Poor girl.") It is guys. It really is. Real stuff over romance but I'll take the romance too thank you
I committed on that when i was halfway asleep, i got the ideal from her comment "that a guy lit my fire when he proved that he cared" I took that as when a guy does enough acts or actions to prove that hes cares to be kinda sad! Because in my opinion if a guy only wants to be with you, and does romatic gestures, should be enough to prove that he cares. and that your important, out of all the millions of ladies in the world he chosen you. Ya i agree committment, honesty, partnership etc is most important.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 PM

Default aloha

Further, my hope for this thread was to throw out ideals of romantic things to do and actions. And hope you ladies would comment on if that was gd etc.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,426,565 times
I like my wahine to massage my feet, give me a good backrub, fix up some exotic fancy cuisine and... surprise me with a big schwong.. lol wear his bath towel.. fan me and all.. ooh la la wahine

nah.

My wahine special delight would be... I'd love to travel right in the middle of the dark desert and we can burn a bonfire and make out underneath the stars.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I like my wahine to massage my feet, give me a good backrub, fix up some exotic fancy cuisine and... surprise me with a big schwong.. lol wear his bath towel.. fan me and all.. ooh la la wahine

nah.

My wahine special delight would be... I'd love to travel right in the middle of the dark desert and we can burn a bonfire and make out underneath the stars.
There you have it, a romantic thing to do.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,069,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
We all have our moves, and actions. Guys lets hear some of them. Ladies what do u think? Oh guys we don't have to give away the book ok lol. I will start .

1. I like to get flowers for that special wahine, and on the card put "just because"
2 Sometimes i like to scatter chocolate kisses and hugs on the bedroom floor and leave a note that says i would get on my hands and knees for your hugs and kisses. (lol corny i know but i never start with my good moves lol)

I have a hundred different things lol. So guys share lol.
I'll tell ya. Just being called "wahine" would probably be enough to win me over. LOL. Soooooooo cute and a li'l hot. (NOT a come-on, I'm married, just pointing that out.)

So darned full of cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships