Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:57 AM

29 posts, read 46,173 times

Advertisements

If and when he contacts me, which is usually through text, do I have to text back something definite and polite like "This isn't working for me anymore."

Or can I just never text back again?

What are the pros and cons of either?

Part of me wants to "get back" and another part of me wants to put no further thought into this whatsoever.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM

157 posts, read 253,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbledcookie123 View Post
If and when he contacts me, which is usually through text, do I have to text back something definite and polite like "This isn't working for me anymore."

Or can I just never text back again?

What are the pros and cons of either?

Part of me wants to "get back" and another part of me wants to put no further thought into this whatsoever.

TIA!

I wouldn't text back, just forget about the jerk. Why do you want to be nice to him when he was not? Why waste time on a guy like that? If he is a mind playing liar, then he may not even care how you response to him. Plus, he may even enjoy a little mind game himself

Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Have you told him you are done with the relationship? If you have ignore all contact and block his calls if you have to.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
If you want to say - "I'm Done. Do not call, text or try to contact me" - then put blocks on everything - fine.

If you don't come out and say it in a straight forward manner, it is going to open the floor up to a bunch of back and forth texting and calls . . . and if you are done, you don't want that. Now, if what you really want is a conversation, then you might come off looking like a drama queen and that you are the one playing games.

If as you say - you are sincerely "done," - nothing wrong with saying so if you feel you must (but no further explanations). Otherwise, I would do as others have suggested and just ignore him - end of that.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
When girls try to play their games with me I throw it right back at them. Then I just stop calling them or asking them out.. It gets the point across. Very rarely do I have to formally end something that isn't a relationship

Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Have you told him you are done with the relationship? If you have ignore all contact and block his calls if you have to.
No, I have not. I spoke to him on Sunday and a few lies came to light.

He added years to his age to see my reaction. When I didn't get up and run away during that dinner (about two months ago) he said he thought to himself "This girl is crazy." This is hurtful because he lied, was playing a game, AND derided my openmindedness. I feel incredibly stupid. I slept with this person. What else could he be hiding?

He also dodged an important question I had for him. He said the fact that I was asking proved I didn't trust him. HOW CAN I TRUST YOU? YOU LIED ABOUT YOUR AGE. WHO ARE YOU?

Hearing all of this plus my having asked him earlier "what does this mean to you" "how do you feel about me" and other STUPID IRRELEVANT questions and hearing his answers (totally felt like he was just trying to calm me down) left me with my head spinning. He got me out of his house and to mine because it was getting late.

Before I left his car, for some strange reason I asked if I'd ever hear from him again after all of this (I was so embarrassed) or would he disappear? He said he'd be in touch when he got back from this trip.

As soon as I got home I felt sick to my stomach and thought what in the world? This isn't even someone I was serious about, he lied to me, and I never want to see him again!

Thinking about him gives me goosebumps. I am THOROUGHLY creeped out. I know nothing about this person I gave a lot of myself to. I got absolutely nothing in return.

We live near each other. I'm sure we'll run into each other some day. What's the best way to handle this?

ETA: This wasn't a relationship. This was dating for three months.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
If you want to say - "I'm Done. Do not call, text or try to contact me" - then put blocks on everything - fine.

If you don't come out and say it in a straight forward manner, it is going to open the floor up to a bunch of back and forth texting and calls . . . and if you are done, you don't want that. Now, if what you really want is a conversation, then you might come off looking like a drama queen and that you are the one playing games.

If as you say - you are sincerely "done," - nothing wrong with saying so if you feel you must (but no further explanations). Otherwise, I would do as others have suggested and just ignore him - end of that.
I am sincerely "done." I want him to know WHY and for him to feel bad.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When girls try to play their games with me I throw it right back at them. Then I just stop calling them or asking them out.. It gets the point across. Very rarely do I have to formally end something that isn't a relationship
What can I possibly throw back at him? Just curious. I'm not interested in engaging with him beyond one last text.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
I am sincerely "done." I want him to know WHY and for him to feel bad.
Don't bother. You can't make him feel bad. Just move on.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
What can I possibly throw back at him? Just curious. I'm not interested in engaging with him beyond one last text.
Well I usually throw their same antics back at them, this is usually before I'm ready to complexly dump them and I want to mess with them a little. Seems like you're past that, if I were you I'd simply stop responding and if he tries to keep on with it just tell him ur done and found someone new.

Don't go into detail bexause he will turn the tables on you and call you crazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships