Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

So, a few men were on a 2 hours bus or train ride...and please folks, correct me if I'm wrong in telling this story...

So they were sitting their bragging about how they cheat on their wives and how completely clueless they're wives are about this, and talked about cheating, their affairs, and how they were getting away with this.....

There was a woman sitting in front of them and she had to endure this pathetic conversation for 2 hours...
She takes a picture of the guy talking about this, and posts it on her FB....asking people to share this photo, b/c the men were so cruel in talking about it.
Well, the photo and man bragging went viral...and then the news media picked up on it....

So on the way to work this morning, on the radio Station I listen to, the two talk show hosts a man and woman, went all out and out, against this woman who posted this, saying, she is ruining families, hurting people.... They even went as far as calling her a moral something or other?

I mean, I went balistic at them, so much so, I don't think I'll ever listen to their show again...

My Gosh, the guys cheating are the ones that already hurt they're families by doing so, and if your going to sit in a public place and brag in detail about your wrong doings...let me tell you baby, you deserve to deal with the consequences and YOU DON'T deserve your wife.....

these two talk show hosts were really slamming her, and said nothing, nothing about what the man did.

I guess neither on of them have ever been cheated on by they're spouse....?

I was cheated on, and I would have given anything at the time to know...b/c I suspected, and no one told me...so for 3 years, it was hell, and believe you me, all I needed was someone to come forth and tell me....b/c he kept saying it was all me...I was nuts, or going thru my change....and even went to counselors...until his own sister told me, "I love my brother dearly, but if you don't get out of there, he WILL drive you nuts". It wasn't until after I left, someone came forward and told me....and do you know, not 3 days after I left, he bought a women into our house, didn't care if the neighbors saw, or not...????? He is married to that woman today, and probably doing the same thing to her...I know he was cheating on me for a long time, and I was clueless....so if your going to kiss and tell in public, and brag about it, baby, you deserve the consequences, and your wife needs to be able to decide what she wants to do....

I'm interested to know what your feelings are on this....???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 06:18 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Those dudes did not have an expectation of privacy on public transportation sitting right across from other people. If they're that dumb, then I don't see the problem. Would be a little interested in knowing what the railroad's policy on photography is. Amtrak asks that you shoot your trip on their train. Some airlines do as well, but at least one person was (almost?) arrested for taking a picture on a place.

Of course, the photo policy isn't that relevant to this case. I saw the Facebook picture and thought those dudes sure must feel lame. Of course, I'd have actually recorded some of their conversation and put it on Facebook, probably.

As far as the radio hosts, I'm surprised they didn't take opposing stances just for teh sake of a good radio arguement. If they took calls, their stance may have been show prep more than anything and notwhat they really thought.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
She should have stayed out of it.

Aside from what this guy did, my BIGGEST pet peeve is people that don't understand social etiquette when it comes to their cameras/phones. You don't take someone's picture without their permission and post it online. I don't care what the person did...it was not her job to be the social police.

Sure, what he did was scummy but she may have just turned someone's life upside down. I would be MORTIFIED if I were the wife in that situation. Everyone knowing my business, even co-workers? My kids knowing what is going on? That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. There is no way for these people to deal with this situation privately now.

I'm sure the woman didn't think of THAT when she posted this guys photo.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Yep, she elevated things to a WHOLE other unnecessary level.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Those dudes did not have an expectation of privacy on public transportation sitting right across from other people. If they're that dumb, then I don't see the problem. Would be a little interested in knowing what the railroad's policy on photography is. Amtrak asks that you shoot your trip on their train. Some airlines do as well, but at least one person was (almost?) arrested for taking a picture on a place.

Of course, the photo policy isn't that relevant to this case. I saw the Facebook picture and thought those dudes sure must feel lame. Of course, I'd have actually recorded some of their conversation and put it on Facebook, probably.

As far as the radio hosts, I'm surprised they didn't take opposing stances just for teh sake of a good radio arguement. If they took calls, their stance may have been show prep more than anything and notwhat they really thought.
no, they didn't take calls, they never do on the morning show, they simply both stated they're opinions, and of course, they are much younger then I am, but to call her a moral goody two shoes, just goes to show you how people are loosing moral standards...they made fun of her calling her that several times...

and yanno something else, if these dudes were not just bragging, like some men do, and they are running around on their wives, having multiple afairs, like that were bragging about, what are the chances they are transmitting a disease? Boy, if I was the wife, I'd want to know, period...b/c when I suspected that my husband was running around, that scared me, but so wanted to believe he wasn't....
if I'd have had proof, I'd have left him in a heartbeat, pretty lame of me, when I think back now at all the people who knew but me...and believe me, I was absolutely clueless...as his new wife probably is.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

True, but it still sucks that anyone can readily record anything instantly with that meddling device in most of Americans' pockets. I hate thinking that I can't accidentally embarrass myself without someone recording it and throwing it on YouTube or something. I think it will get worse when Google Glass is priced for the masses (but that's another topic).

However, those guys did deserve what they received. I hope their wives divorce them. Morons. That goes for the radio station hosts too. I bet they'll be begging their wives to stay in their lives.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
She should have stayed out of it.

Aside from what this guy did, my BIGGEST pet peeve is people that don't understand social etiquette when it comes to their cameras/phones. You don't take someone's picture without their permission and post it online. I don't care what the person did...it was not her job to be the social police.

Sure, what he did was scummy but she may have just turned someone's life upside down. I would be MORTIFIED if I were the wife in that situation. Everyone knowing my business, even co-workers? My kids knowing what is going on? That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. There is no way for these people to deal with this situation privately now.

I'm sure the woman didn't think of THAT when she posted this guys photo.
You are entitled to your opinion...but as strongly as you feel about this, she had a right to her privet space....I thought about this and what would I have done, and believe you me, if I had, had to sit there and hear this conversation, for 2 hours, I probably would have done the same thing...
these guys were dirt bags and didn't give a darn about who heard, or who they were bothering, with they're talk....if your going to pull something like that in public, disturbing everyone around you, in public, you'd better be prepared to deal with the consequences....

Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I'd say they're both wrong. The men should not have cheated - that's a given. And it's in incredibly bad taste to brag about it, especially where they can be overheard. I think they have a legitimate expectation of privacy even in public, since no one present knew them. The woman made a point of violiating their privacy. And as much as we all - or nearly all - despise cheaters, it is not our role to out them (unless perhaps we have a direct connection to those involved and it affects us as well). That woman may have destroyed their families. You can argue their own actions did, but that might only be true if they were caught, and it is (slightly) possible that they would eventually come to regret their actions and reform. Now they do not have that option.

The men may also be able to sue the woman for her role. I think they should. And unless she also recorded video, it is only her word that they were saying what she attributes to them - it could be pure malice for an unrelated reason. I'm not clear from the OP whether she did or not, but I completely disagree with her actions. She is on very shaky ground.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
rs4 fan True, but it still sucks that anyone can readily record anything instantly with that meddling device in most of Americans' pockets. I hate thinking that I can't accidentally embarrass myself without someone recording it and throwing it on YouTube or something. I think it will get worse when Google Glass is priced for the masses (but that's another topic).
Maybe, just maybe, this might make people come back to being a lot more descrete and polite in public...

Quote:
However, those guys did deserve what they received. I hope their wives divorce them. Morons. That goes for the radio station hosts too. I bet they'll be begging their wives to stay in their lives.
I totally agree, they are complete dirt bags in my book and do not deserve the wives they have.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd say they're both wrong. The men should not have cheated - that's a given. And it's in incredibly bad taste to brag about it, especially where they can be overheard. I think they have a legitimate expectation of privacy even in public, since no one present knew them. The woman made a point of violiating their privacy. And as much as we all - or nearly all - despise cheaters, it is not our role to out them (unless perhaps we have a direct connection to those involved and it affects us as well). That woman may have destroyed their families. You can argue their own actions did, but that might only be true if they were caught, and it is (slightly) possible that they would eventually come to regret their actions and reform. Now they do not have that option.

The men may also be able to sue the woman for her role. I think they should. And unless she also recorded video, it is only her word that they were saying what she attributes to them - it could be pure malice for an unrelated reason. I'm not clear from the OP whether she did or not, but I completely disagree with her actions. She is on very shaky ground.

This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships